Anyone know?

Steve Nutt

Hi,

All of a sudden, NVDA has stopped reading the message list in Outlook 2016.  Window-Eyes, JAWS and Supernova, all read it fine.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

All the best

Steve

--

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

Tel: +44(0)1438-742286

Mob: +44(0)7956-334938

Fax: +44(0)1438-759589

Email: steve@...

Web: http://www.comproom.co.uk

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

So what has changed in the meantime. One assumes you have done all the usual things like rebooting etc
Have you changed the view or done any updates etc?
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

All of a sudden, NVDA has stopped reading the message list in Outlook 2016.  Window-Eyes, JAWS and Supernova, all read it fine.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

All the best

Steve

--

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

Tel: +44(0)1438-742286

Mob: +44(0)7956-334938

Fax: +44(0)1438-759589

Email: steve@...

Web: http://www.comproom.co.uk

Steve Nutt

Nope, not at all.  Yesterday it read the list, today it doesn’t.  It is possible that an auto Office update broke it, but it has only broken NVDA, no other screen reader.

All the best

Steve

All of a sudden, NVDA has stopped reading the message list in Outlook 2016.  Window-Eyes, JAWS and Supernova, all read it fine.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

All the best

Steve

--

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

Tel: +44(0)1438-742286

Mob: +44(0)7956-334938

Fax: +44(0)1438-759589

Email: steve@...

Web: http://www.comproom.co.uk

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

That is very odd. In my experience its usually the Dolphin screenreder that falls over for me. But I'm not using Outlook it has to be said. Looking through these messages easily one of the most troublesome apps seems to be Outlook of different flavours if you notice.
Maybe the way this application is made accessible in nvda is fragile.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

So what has changed in the meantime. One assumes you have done all the usual
things like rebooting etc

Have you changed the view or done any updates etc?

Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk <mailto:briang1@blueyonder.co.uk> , putting 'Brian
Gaff'

All of a sudden, NVDA has stopped reading the message list in Outlook 2016.
Window-Eyes, JAWS and Supernova, all read it fine. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

All the best

Steve

--

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

Tel: +44(0)1438-742286

Mob: +44(0)7956-334938

Fax: +44(0)1438-759589

Email: <mailto:steve@comproom.co.uk> steve@comproom.co.uk

Web: <http://www.comproom.co.uk/> http://www.comproom.co.uk

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

You would expect to see a whole raft of the me too messages though if it was a common issue.
[...]

Yes, I just checked Supernova and that is reading the list just fine too.
So it's only NVDA 2017.2 that is the problem in this case.

All the best

Steve

All of a sudden, NVDA has stopped reading the message list in Outlook
2016.
Window-Eyes, JAWS and Supernova, all read it fine. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

All the best

Steve

--

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

Tel: +44(0)1438-742286

Mob: +44(0)7956-334938

Fax: +44(0)1438-759589

Email: <mailto:steve@comproom.co.uk> steve@comproom.co.uk

Web: <http://www.comproom.co.uk/> http://www.comproom.co.uk

Steve Nutt

Hi,

Indeed, but since it's only just happened, I wouldn't have expected them all
to come out of the woodwork just yet.

I'll keep investigating.

All the best

Steve

All of a sudden, NVDA has stopped reading the message list in Outlook
2016.
Window-Eyes, JAWS and Supernova, all read it fine. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

All the best

Steve

--

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

Tel: +44(0)1438-742286

Mob: +44(0)7956-334938

Fax: +44(0)1438-759589

Email: <mailto:steve@comproom.co.uk> steve@comproom.co.uk

Web: <http://www.comproom.co.uk/> http://www.comproom.co.uk

Pranav Lal

Hi Steve,

Did you try maximizing the outlook window? I ask because I have been experiencing this problem and maximizing the window does work. At other times, I navigate to a different e-mail folder and then return to the original folder and  the message list starts reading again.

Pranav

Steve Nutt

Hi,

Yes, I did try that.  I always press Windows Up Arrow to maximise when I go into it.

Thanks though, good thought.