who knows this problem with skype?

P. Otter

hello all,

i'm using windows 10, the last version and also the newest version of nvda.

i have checked my computer for virus or other shit but there is'nt any.

i'm using the last version of skype but now ther i have a problem.

when someone calls me, skype geves a signal, as usal, but when i accept the call, skype don't stops the ring in sound.

so while the call skype keeps ringing.

when i have ended the call, skype keeps ringing and don't stops.

when i want to let skype stop ringing, i have to reboot my computer.

after reboot it is silent again.

until there is a incoming call!

what can i do, and are there other people who knows this problem?

what i have done is uninstall skype and reinstall it again with the same results.

who can help me?

cheers

paul otter

Hello,

Look at this bug report that I've filed with Microsoft about a similar (if not the same) issue:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/skype/forum/skype_windesk-skype_messms/problems-caused-by-an-invisible-window-of-skype/30f2b194-0287-4018-a391-9fbc65b82a17?tm=1498289989517

Are you by any chance closing this invisible window of Skype? If so - stop doing it and Skype should behave as expected.

Hope this helps.

______
Best wishes,
Kostadin Kolev

На 28.6.2017 г. в 13:27, P. Otter написа:

[...]

hello, thanks for your answer but i saw only a person he has the same problem but no answer no solution.

now i don't know what to do.

thanks for any help!

paul otter

Op 28-6-2017 om 13:16 schreef Kostadin Kolev:

[...]

Gene

You said you can't stop Skype from ringing without rebooting.  Have you tried using the Windows Task Manager to close the program and then run it again?  That's no solution but there may not be one now, although there may be some sort of work around.

I don't use Skype but after you answer the call, perhaps you can turn off sounds in Skipe and the ring won't be able to produce a sound, although it will still be occurring.  then after the call, you could turn the ring back on and use the task manager, as I discussed before.

[...]

Brian's Mail list account

This is going to possibly be a silly question, but if its invisible how do you know if its closed or open?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

[...]

Can you kind of downdate Skype? Not using it myself recently, but Skype have a history of fixing one thing and breaking something else.
[...]

hello, when i accept a call, i press alt page-up, after that i can talk with the other person, but while i'm talking, skype is ringing. after i've spoken i close the call by pressing alt and pagedown.

i hear also the signal that the call is ended.

but skype keeps ringing, if i close skype by pressing alt f4 i'm back on my desktop.

but... skype continues ringing, until i reboot my computer.

that is very, very annoying!

do you see a solution?

cheers

paul otter

Op 28-6-2017 om 14:25 schreef Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io:

This is going to possibly be a silly question, but if its invisible how do you know if its closed or open?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kostadin Kolev" <k.kolev1985@...>
[...]

.

Chris

Is there not another way to answer a call rather than using a keyboard shortcut?

Even if its only to see if the way you answer is the problem or not

I thought there was a answer button that can be clicked on or they use to be one or via the menus

Or set it to auto answer the calls

hello, when i accept a call, i press alt page-up, after that i can talk

with the other person, but while i'm talking, skype is ringing. after

i've spoken i close the call by pressing alt and pagedown.

i hear also the signal that the call is ended.

but skype keeps ringing, if i close skype by pressing alt f4 i'm back on

my desktop.

but... skype continues ringing, until i reboot my computer.

that is very, very annoying!

do you see a solution?

cheers

paul otter

Op 28-6-2017 om 14:25 schreef Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io:

> This is going to possibly be a silly question, but if its invisible

> how do you know if its closed or open?

> Brian

> bglists@...

> Sent via blueyonder.

> Please address personal email to:-

> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

> in the display name field.

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Kostadin Kolev"

> <k.kolev1985@...>

Ralf Kefferpuetz

Hello,
Hitting alt-f4 closes only the Desktop window, not skype itselfs. It is still open in your systray. Find it there, right click it and choose exit, so you don't need to reboot.

Cheers,
Ralf

[...]

Hello Brian,

Well, in my report I forgot to clarify that the window in question is invisible, but focusable. So, when we close Skype's main window, this invisible window gets focused. And if we close this focused invisible window of Skype, the problems described by me in that report (including that Skype continues to ring even after we answer in incoming call) start to occur and the only way to fix those issues is to terminate Skype. On the next launch of Skype, the problem is not there, until we close that invisible window again. That is why I've asked paul if he's intentionally or unintentionally closing that focusable invisible window of Skype, because that causes the problem he's having (and all the others described in my report) to start occurring.

And yes - downgrading to Skype 7.35 I think fixes the issue - the focusable invisible window stops appearing when we close Skype's main window.

______
Best wishes,
Kostadin Kolev

На 28.6.2017 г. в 15:25, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io написа:

[...]

yes, it is possible in the menu.

but with the same result!

even if i don't answer the call!

skype is ringing, until reboot it is realy annoying.

greets

paul otter

Op 28-6-2017 om 15:32 schreef Chris:

Is there not another way to answer a call rather than using a keyboard shortcut?

Even if its only to see if the way you answer is the problem or not

I thought there was a answer button that can be clicked on or they use to be one or via the menus

Or set it to auto answer the calls

hello, when i accept a call, i press alt page-up, after that i can talk

with the other person, but while i'm talking, skype is ringing. after

i've spoken i close the call by pressing alt and pagedown.

i hear also the signal that the call is ended.

but skype keeps ringing, if i close skype by pressing alt f4 i'm back on

my desktop.

but... skype continues ringing, until i reboot my computer.

that is very, very annoying!

do you see a solution?

cheers

paul otter

Op 28-6-2017 om 14:25 schreef Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io:

> This is going to possibly be a silly question, but if its invisible

> how do you know if its closed or open?

> Brian

> bglists@...

> Sent via blueyonder.

> Please address personal email to:-

> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

> in the display name field.

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Kostadin Kolev"

> <k.kolev1985@...>

Chris Mullins

Have you tried re-installing Skype?

Cheers
Chris

[...]

hello, yes of course!

that was the first thing i did.
but now i know the reason for my problem.
the versions of skype be low 7.30 are good, the newer versions are buggy.
now i've installed the version 7.26 of skype and my problem is away.
so for every one who want to install skype, don't use the newest versions above 7.3x.
lower versions you can install if you want but don't update!
that was the solution.
thanks for all who have tried to help me.
cheers
paul otter

Op 28-6-2017 om 16:34 schreef Chris Mullins:

[...]

Rui Fontes

Hello!

I am using Skype™‎ Versão 7.36.0.101 and I don't have that problem...

Rui

[...]

ok, very strange!

is that also when someone calls you?

and do you use windows 10 the last version?

and do you use the home edition of windows 10 or the pro version?

i'm using 64 bit home version.

and i've had this problem.

after i install a little older version the problem was over.

i'm curious about that.

cheers

paul otter

-----Mensagem Original----- De: P. Otter

[...]

Windows 10 Home 32-bit, last version.

Rui

[...]

Ali Savas

Hi,

yes, I can confirm this. I have the same problem. Today, Microsoft has released a new version. I'll check if it works.

Regards
Ali

P. Otter

hi possibly that is the reason there is no problem with skype in that case.

i've 64 bit and skype is 32 bit i've always used skype on my 64 bit machine perhaps this is now ther problem?

i realy don't know.

cheers

paul otter