Reading password protected image pdf using NVDA OCR

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Hi,

I have received a payslip in image form protected with a full password. I can open the file in adobe DC after entering the password. However, I cannot get at the contents because this is an image of the print receipt. I tried converting it with the OCR addon in NVDA but I really don't know how to do it. My attempts do not seem to be capturing the image of the contents.

Any advice please?

All the best,

Cearbhall

Brian's Mail list account

Apart from telling them they are somewhat thick you mean?
Those chits are often poorly printed thermally and the image quality may not be good enough for any OCR to do much with it. often the image is skewed a bit as well as indistinct.
surely it is not beyond them to manually type the details on a real document for you, its only a chit after all.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

I have received a payslip in image form protected with a full password. I can open the file in adobe DC after entering the password. However, I cannot get at the contents because this is an image of the print receipt. I tried converting it with the OCR addon in NVDA but I really don't know how to do it. My attempts do not seem to be capturing the image of the contents.

Any advice please?

All the best,

Cearbhall

Whatever the procedure is for recognizing material with NVDA, it's using a free OCR system.  I doubt it's as accurate as a for profit system.  But with any OCR program, where precise figures are concerned such as an exact numerical amount, while the recognition might be accurate, I wouldn't trust it.  If it sounds correct, it probably is but it may not be recognized with 100 percent accuracy no matter what OCR program is used.