F Keys

The link to the HP support page on turning Action Keys on/off is:  https://www.support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02035108/

            Niels Bohr

Chris,

             My laptop dates from 2014 and there was still no interface other than UEFI, BIOS settings, that allowed you to toggle Action Keys on or off.   I haven't seen an HP laptop that has an interface to do this that's accessible once Windows is up.  Certain other manufacturers do have it, though.

             I long ago posted the link to this HP support page which documents how to turn Action Keys on or off via straight BIOS.   It is very similar (the same, actually, once you get to the BIOS settings under UEFI) on UEFI systems.  If you've got an assistant who's never dealt with UEFI at all, and it's for an HP laptop in particular, have them take a look at this thread I posted long ago on BleepingComputer.com:  UEFI Boot Example from HP 15 Series Laptop

            Niels Bohr

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Has to be done every boot up. Which reminds me for no apparent reason my computer has to day decided to boot up with num lock on. grr.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-