From: Justine
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2017 5:23 AM
Subject: [nvda] Issue reading HTML email in Thunderbird

Hi
I can no longer get NVDA to read my HTML emails in Thunderbird one line at a time. This means it is impossible for me to edit parts of the email. It will only read the email from start to finish.  It is a HTML table with several rows. It won't even read one character at a time, only the whole table.
May be a very simple answer but I am not a tech genius and cannot find an answer in the user guide. As I am running a business from home this issue is causing great frustration. Worked perfectly fine in the past and fine in plain text emails.
Not sure if issues started with latest update of NVDA as have auto update on, same with Thunderbird, so all current versions installed. Using desktop with Windows 10.
Or it may have changed as every so often NVDA crashes and resets to factory defaults. And will not re install my saved profile as well for some reason and as so many preferences I cannot remember them all! So perhaps just needs the right option ticked in settings.  But which one?
Please help, thanks
Justine

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

what is your message body set to?? The message body can be found under the view menu then message body. is it set to the first option? I think it is called original html.

Gene nz

On 6/30/2017 10:23 PM, Justine wrote:
[...]

The message doesn't say this, but this problem evidently occurs when replying to or composing a message.  I don't know if the setting you are referring to has any bearing on working in the edit field.  also, did this problem begin after a Thunderbird Update?

Sent: Friday, June 30, 2017 6:09 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Issue reading HTML email in Thunderbird

[...]

no matter which one it is set to wheather it is original html, simple or text view when composing a email when you go to insert a table it does that part ok and nvda will let you know how many rows etc.

but then it will keep on reading down the table and will not stop. you can not interact with it either.

I have not tried it with a reply email but am guessing you will get the same result.

if it is in the email you got from some one i guess it will read correctly and i am sure you can then see what is in those cells. I will have a play. Looks like a ticket that will have to be done.

Gene nz

On 6/30/2017 2:27 AM, Michael wrote:
Dear Gene Stratford man,
May I add my congratulations. Sakina and Bhavya have expressed it very well.
Continue doing what you're doing.