can't fix a rule error in outlook

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, everyone,

I'm having everything go to the inbox from now on. I tried to move the messages from the NVDA folder to the inbox but when I tried to move them outlook wouldn't let me. I got a message saying "rule error". How do I fix this?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Did they already have a copy in the inbox folder by any chance?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

I'm having everything go to the inbox from now on. I tried to move the
messages from the NVDA folder to the inbox but when I tried to move them
outlook wouldn't let me. I got a message saying "rule error". How do I fix
this?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Tony Ballou

Hi Rosemarie,

Is there any other information in the error message? This is way too vague for both of us.

Tony

Hi, everyone,

I'm having everything go to the inbox from now on. I tried to move the messages from the NVDA folder to the inbox but when I tried to move them outlook wouldn't let me. I got a message saying "rule error". How do I fix this?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Antony Stone

I don't believe it's possible to move messages into the inbox.

It's where new messages arrive, and messages can be moved from the inbox into
other folders, but I don't think you're allowed to put them into the inbox
other than by downloading them from your mail server.

Antony.

--
"Once you have a panic, things tend to become rather undefined."

- murble

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Arlene

Yes you can. I'm using outlook 2010. I can move messages that ended up in my
junk folder to the inbox. I have all my messages go to the inbox. I never
properly learned how to create rules using outlook 2010.I just let all the
messages go to the inbox.

[...]

Hi Arlene,

To set up rules in outlook is not that difficult. Just create a folder
to associate the particular messages with such as NVDA. and if a message
comes in from this list, you can use the context menu on that particular
message and in there you will see and option to always move messages
from this list to the NVDA folder that you created and I believe that
should do it. Just be sure to create a folder for each of the email
groups that you are in. Hope this helps.

Tony

On 7/6/2017 5:09 PM, Arlene wrote:
[...]

Alright! I'll give it a try.