Topics

NVDA Keyboard Commands

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES)

Hi friends,

I Am just testing a Microsoft Surface Pro.

Unfortunately the keyboard has no insert key, any ideas how I can bring up the NVDA menu so that I can change the keyboard layout to laptop as insert+n for the NVDA menu is not available.

********************************************************************************************************************

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the
sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in relation to its contents. To do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland. NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and other accredited email services.

For more information and to find out how you can switch, https://portal.nhs.net/help/joiningnhsmail

Rui Fontes

HI!

Press Windows+B, arrow to NVDA and press Enter...

Rui Fontes

Às 17:58 de 12/11/2019, Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) via Groups.Io escreveu:

Hi friends,

Unfortunately the keyboard has no insert key, any ideas how I can bring up the NVDA menu so that I can change the keyboard layout to laptop as insert+n for the NVDA menu is not available.

********************************************************************************************************************

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in relation to its contents. To do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland. NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and other accredited email services.

For more information and to find out how you can switch, https://portal.nhs.net/help/joiningnhsmail

Ralf Kefferpuetz

Hello,

Windows-b brings you to the systemtray where the NVDA icon is located. Just press space on it and the NVDA menu will open.

Cheers,

Ralf

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) via Groups.Io
Sent: Dienstag, 12. November 2019 18:59
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA Keyboard Commands

Hi friends,

hurrikennyandopo ...

hi

Did you not check caps lock as a nvda modifier key?

if not as mentioned you can do the following.

use the Windos key + B to jump down to the notification area. Then use the arrow keys to find nvda. It might be hidden so will need to un hide it.

If your computer has a applications key while on the icon down there hit it a context menu will come up  then arrow to  preferences then settings and once in settings go to keyboard.

if there is no applications keys you can use the shift and f10 key to do the same.

Under the key board settings pick the caps lock check box and check it.

Here I have all 3 done.

Gene nz

On 13/11/2019 6:58 am, Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) via Groups.Io wrote:

Hi friends,

--
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related materials at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

To find out which library networks in New Zealand have a copy of the NVDA screen reader on them and there library locations please go to http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nz%20libraries%20with%20nvda.html
To find a NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES)

That is really useful, thanks so much!

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rui Fontes
Sent: 12 November 2019 18:06
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA Keyboard Commands

HI!

Press Windows+B, arrow to NVDA and press Enter...

Rui Fontes

Às 17:58 de 12/11/2019, Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) via Groups.Io escreveu:

Hi friends,

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

Do you happen to have a USB keyboard or another Bluetooth keyboard you can use?

character is found in how you treat people who cannot do anything for you!                                                                       

Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2019 1:48 PM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA Keyboard Commands

Hi friends,