Topics

NVDA Keyboard Commands

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES)

Hi friends,

I Am just testing a Microsoft Surface Pro.

Unfortunately the keyboard has no insert key, any ideas how I can bring up the NVDA menu so that I can change the keyboard layout to laptop as insert+n for the NVDA menu is not available.

Rui Fontes

HI!

Press Windows+B, arrow to NVDA and press Enter...

Rui Fontes

Às 17:58 de 12/11/2019, Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) via Groups.Io escreveu:

Hi friends,

I Am just testing a Microsoft Surface Pro.

Unfortunately the keyboard has no insert key, any ideas how I can bring up the NVDA menu so that I can change the keyboard layout to laptop as insert+n for the NVDA menu is not available.

Ralf Kefferpuetz

Hello,

Windows-b brings you to the systemtray where the NVDA icon is located. Just press space on it and the NVDA menu will open.

Cheers,

  Ralf

I Am just testing a Microsoft Surface Pro.

Unfortunately the keyboard has no insert key, any ideas how I can bring up the NVDA menu so that I can change the keyboard layout to laptop as insert+n for the NVDA menu is not available.

hurrikennyandopo ...

hi

Did you not check caps lock as a nvda modifier key?

if not as mentioned you can do the following.

use the Windos key + B to jump down to the notification area. Then use the arrow keys to find nvda. It might be hidden so will need to un hide it.

If your computer has a applications key while on the icon down there hit it a context menu will come up  then arrow to  preferences then settings and once in settings go to keyboard.

if there is no applications keys you can use the shift and f10 key to do the same.

Under the key board settings pick the caps lock check box and check it.

Here I have all 3 done.

Gene nz

On 13/11/2019 6:58 am, Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) via Groups.Io wrote:

Hi friends,

I Am just testing a Microsoft Surface Pro.

Unfortunately the keyboard has no insert key, any ideas how I can bring up the NVDA menu so that I can change the keyboard layout to laptop as insert+n for the NVDA menu is not available.

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES)

That is really useful, thanks so much!

Press Windows+B, arrow to NVDA and press Enter...

Rui Fontes

Às 17:58 de 12/11/2019, Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) via Groups.Io escreveu:

Hi friends,

I Am just testing a Microsoft Surface Pro.

Unfortunately the keyboard has no insert key, any ideas how I can bring up the NVDA menu so that I can change the keyboard layout to laptop as insert+n for the NVDA menu is not available.

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

Do you happen to have a USB keyboard or another Bluetooth keyboard you can use?

******

character is found in how you treat people who cannot do anything for you!