Topics

NVDA not announcing paste or copy when using control-C or control-V

Dan Thompson

Hi everyone,

I have not been able to make NVDA consistently announce paste or copy on the computers I am using in class with students.

My computer does, however, several of the 16 students I work with will not. Can someone guide me to the correct area in preferences?  I thought I’d went through everything. But obviously, I am missing something.

Thanks for any guidance in advance.

Andre Fisher

Did you install any add-ons? NVDA does not do this by default, unless
you are in browse mode, where it announces copied text.

On 7/5/17, Dan Thompson <dmt031073@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have not been able to make NVDA consistently announce paste or copy on
the
computers I am using in class with students.

My computer does, however, several of the 16 students I work with will not.
Can someone guide me to the correct area in preferences? I thought I'd
went
through everything. But obviously, I am missing something.

Thanks for any guidance in advance.

Dan Thompson

Thanks so very much. What add on do I need and where can I find it.
I am very greatful for the help.

Did you install any add-ons? NVDA does not do this by default, unless you are in browse mode, where it announces copied text.

On 7/5/17, Dan Thompson <dmt031073@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have not been able to make NVDA consistently announce paste or copy
on the computers I am using in class with students.

My computer does, however, several of the 16 students I work with will not.
Can someone guide me to the correct area in preferences? I thought
I'd went through everything. But obviously, I am missing something.

Thanks for any guidance in advance.

Don H

I was told earlier that no such add on exist to do what you want. One short coming of NVDA is not being able to label keys.

On 7/5/2017 9:41 AM, Dan Thompson wrote:
Thanks so very much. What add on do I need and where can I find it.
I am very greatful for the help.
Did you install any add-ons? NVDA does not do this by default, unless you are in browse mode, where it announces copied text.
On 7/5/17, Dan Thompson <dmt031073@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have not been able to make NVDA consistently announce paste or copy
on the computers I am using in class with students.

My computer does, however, several of the 16 students I work with will not.
Can someone guide me to the correct area in preferences? I thought
I'd went through everything. But obviously, I am missing something.

Thanks for any guidance in advance.

Dan Thompson

Thank you very much.

Did you install any add-ons? NVDA does not do this by default, unless you are in browse mode, where it announces copied text.

On 7/5/17, Dan Thompson <dmt031073@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have not been able to make NVDA consistently announce paste or copy
on the computers I am using in class with students.

My computer does, however, several of the 16 students I work with will not.
Can someone guide me to the correct area in preferences? I thought
I'd went through everything. But obviously, I am missing something.

Thanks for any guidance in advance.

Gene

NVDA doesn't announce copy and paste except when in browse mode.  There is an add on that announces copy and paste, but it doesn't actually announce this because the operations have been performed.  It is equivalent to a key label and only confirms that the correct keys have been pressed.  Therefore, you may hear copy and paste when the operation was not performed.

For small amounts of text, you can check to see if copying occurred by using the command NVDA key c, which will read small amounts of text on the clipboard.  It's something like up to five hundred characters.  For larger amounts, you will hear an announcement about how many characters were copied but it won't be read.  The feature tells you nothing about what has been copied if you are copying files or folders to the clipboard.  it says, "No text on clipboard."

Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2017 9:34 AM

Hi everyone,

I have not been able to make NVDA consistently announce paste or copy on the computers I am using in class with students.

My computer does, however, several of the 16 students I work with will not. Can someone guide me to the correct area in preferences?  I thought I’d went through everything. But obviously, I am missing something.

Thanks for any guidance in advance.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I think its not an item unless its been added recently. There is certainly an add on to do this, but its dumb, ie it does not actually check if its worked, so just reports keys pressed.
its been a long campaign on mine to get this built in but if I recall the problem of getting this to only do it when appropriate and though be a verified cut or copy, was not something trivial to achieve without inside knowledge of windows code.
I'd be interested in what others say in this thread.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

I have not been able to make NVDA consistently announce paste or copy on the
computers I am using in class with students.

My computer does, however, several of the 16 students I work with will not.
Can someone guide me to the correct area in preferences? I thought I'd went
through everything. But obviously, I am missing something.

Thanks for any guidance in advance.

hi.
i found one addon for nvda.
but this addon is under developement and for myself, i dont use any addon.
by default, when you are in brows mode like mozilla firefox or
internet explorer, nvda announces when you copy some parts of page.
but for other jubs, test this addon.
hope that help and God bless you!

https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/clipspeak.en.html

On 7/5/17, Dan Thompson <dmt031073@...> wrote:
Thank you very much.

Did you install any add-ons? NVDA does not do this by default, unless you
are in browse mode, where it announces copied text.

On 7/5/17, Dan Thompson <dmt031073@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have not been able to make NVDA consistently announce paste or copy
on the computers I am using in class with students.

My computer does, however, several of the 16 students I work with will
not.
Can someone guide me to the correct area in preferences? I thought
I'd went through everything. But obviously, I am missing something.

Thanks for any guidance in advance.

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

also when you select document with nvda selection, if dont press other
keys, after pressing f10, nvda says all content that you selected if
you use nvda+shift+up arrow.

On 7/5/17, zahra a <nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:
[...]

This is what i use.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zng4bo1bsd3g9h9/fakeClipboardAnouncement.nvda-addon?dl=1

It is totally dumb but might be enough to sort you out.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Did you install any add-ons? NVDA does not do this by default, unless
you are in browse mode, where it announces copied text.

On 7/5/17, Dan Thompson <dmt031073@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have not been able to make NVDA consistently announce paste or copy on
the
computers I am using in class with students.

My computer does, however, several of the 16 students I work with will not.
Can someone guide me to the correct area in preferences? I thought I'd
went
through everything. But obviously, I am missing something.

Thanks for any guidance in advance.

Gene

I just tried the add on.  I didn't test it thoroughly but it worked correctly when I tested it in Notepad and when copying a file to the clipboard.  As I've said for a long time, if JAWS and System Access can do this, and know when material is actually being copied, pasted, etc., then I doubt it is that difficult to do.

My impression over the years is that it is a matter of ideology for the main developer or developers.  They claim that a screen-reader shouldn't give information that is not available to sighted users.  That may be true in general.  But ideology, when too rigidly held to, produces undesirable results at times.  And I'd bet that sighted people do get some sort of notice.  I don't know what it is.  Does the material appear different in some way or does something else happen?  At any rate, finally, this is being addressed through an add on, though it should be in NVDA itself.

I would say, regarding the add on itself, that the word text and item are unnecessary.  The user should know whether he/she is copying text or a file.  I don't want to be told what I should already know.

> but this addon is under developement and for myself, i dont use any addon.
> by default, when you are in brows mode like mozilla firefox or
> internet explorer, nvda announces when you copy some parts of page.
> but for other jubs, test this addon.
> hope that help and God bless you!
>
> https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/clipspeak.en.html
>
> On 7/5/17, Dan Thompson <dmt031073@...> wrote:
>> Thank you very much.

Albert Ruel

Isn’t there an Add-on for the copy and paste announcement function?

I have not been able to make NVDA consistently announce paste or copy on the computers I am using in class with students.

My computer does, however, several of the 16 students I work with will not. Can someone guide me to the correct area in preferences?  I thought I’d went through everything. But obviously, I am missing something.

Thanks for any guidance in advance.

Dan Thompson

I hope so, but don’t know where to find it.  Can you help?

Isn’t there an Add-on for the copy and paste announcement function?