using outlook how do you get to find out how many messages are in a folder using NVDA

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Interesting! I’ve never used that command before! It tells me that I have 60 unread and 40 in normal view. What does that mean?

My usual way to do it is to press the End key alone. This brings me to the last message in the message box. To hear how many there are, I have to listen to the details of the message and its sender , etc., until I finally hear “60 column1”.

When I count the messages, I find that there are indeed 60 messages but only 45 are unread not 60 as reported by NVDA+End! Perhaps I should log this in GitHub?

All the best,

Cearbhall

m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra@...

I use the free version of Spam Reader to get rid of spam. The Professional version doesn't have this disclaimer in outgoing emails. Try Spam Reader for free now!

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Sunday, July 9, 2017 5:55 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] using outlook how do you get to find out how many messages are in a folder using NVDA

Use read status line.  The desktop keyboard layout command is NVDA key end.

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, July 08, 2017 11:37 PM

Subject: [nvda] using outlook how do you get to find out how many messages are in a folder using NVDA

HI I am using NVDA AND OUTLOOK 2016.

What is the correct keys to find out how many messages are in A folder using NVDA when you are in your folders lists?

Gene

Use read status line.  The desktop keyboard layout command is NVDA key end.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, July 08, 2017 11:37 PM
Subject: [nvda] using outlook how do you get to find out how many messages are in a folder using NVDA

What is the correct keys to find out how many messages are in A folder using NVDA when you are in your folders lists?

Sam Bushman

NVDA-end

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Casey
Sent: Saturday, July 8, 2017 10:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Casey <cwollner@...>