From: "Don H" <lmddh50@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, July 09, 2017 1:18 PM
Subject: [nvda] Jeff’s NVDA add on repository

So I am asking the NVDA experts here, Is this Jeff’s NVDA add on repository a safe place to download add ons?

Thanks

Tony Ballou

Hi,

This is my first time hearing of such.

Tony

On 7/9/2017 8:18 AM, Don H wrote:
So I am asking the NVDA experts here, Is this Jeff’s NVDA add on
repository a safe place to download add ons?

Thanks

Webmaster Deweer <webmaster_deweer@...>

I already donwloaded add-ons from this website. I think it's safe, but maybe wait for some other feedback...

So I am asking the NVDA experts here, Is this Jeff’s NVDA add on
repository a safe place to download add ons?

Thanks

Tony Ballou

Hi,

What's the link to the site? I'll give it a look.

Tony

This is the link: http://jeff.tdrealms.com/NVDA.htm

So I am asking the NVDA experts here, Is this Jeff’s NVDA add on
repository a safe place to download add ons?

Thanks

Webmaster Deweer <webmaster_deweer@...>

You're welcome, Tony.

What's your opinion about that link?
I am, just like the starter of this topic, very curious.

On 7/9/2017 2:41 PM, Webmaster Deweer wrote:
This is the link: http://jeff.tdrealms.com/NVDA.htm

So I am asking the NVDA experts here, Is this Jeff’s NVDA add on
repository a safe place to download add ons?

Thanks

Dan Thompson

Thank you very much.

So I am asking the NVDA experts here, Is this Jeff’s NVDA add on
repository a safe place to download add ons?

Thanks

Tony Ballou

Hi,

Just checked it out. It's a fine site. Every add on you can think of is
there and Jeff describes what each add on does. I just added the
clipspeak and cloud OCR add ons to my copy of nvda. A very nice resource
indeed.

Tony

On 7/9/2017 3:08 PM, Webmaster Deweer wrote:
You're welcome, Tony.

What's your opinion about that link?
I am, just like the starter of this topic, very curious.

On 7/9/2017 2:41 PM, Webmaster Deweer wrote:
This is the link: http://jeff.tdrealms.com/NVDA.htm

So I am asking the NVDA experts here, Is this Jeff’s NVDA add on
repository a safe place to download add ons?

Thanks

David Moore

Good for you, Tony!

It is very well written and describes each add on.

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Just checked it out.  It's a fine site. Every add on you can think of is

there and Jeff describes what each add on does. I just added the

clipspeak and cloud OCR add ons to my copy of nvda. A very nice resource

indeed.

Tony

On 7/9/2017 3:08 PM, Webmaster Deweer wrote:

> You're welcome, Tony.

> What's your opinion about that link?

> I am, just like the starter of this topic, very curious.

Brian's Mail list account

Having just had a look I'd be very wary of the Eloquence items on there.
However some of the others are earlier versions of ones from the main website which may in some conditions be useful.
So be careful.

I downloaded the svox Pio one and as expected the voice is a little muffled as its optimised for tiny speakers in telephones.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

So I am asking the NVDA experts here, Is this Jeff’s NVDA add on
repository a safe place to download add ons?

Thanks

There is an early version of if interpriters and bt sync.

At least these are mirrored here.

The eloquence drivers are simple coppies of eloquence.

Rumors are that they are better than code factory's ones but I wouldn't know.

They are not updated but well if you don't want the licencing issues and want a legal coppy enablerehab@... should be your friend.

Sadly some of the synths are at quite low volumes at least those outside uk and us language are.

On the other hand, the only thing required to buy them is that you pay a fee.

And as far as was agreed by phonix, the fee can be set by enablerehab.

So I payed 10 bucks but you could pay 1 dollar for it.

It never sold well so it was taken down.

But after pirated coppies came on the net, enablerehab told those here they could use it.

In fact anyone could use it.

If you have the email address in question and use nvda you can have it.

On the other side there isn't any way they can stop anyone else actually using the address as such as long as they know about it and are on the nvda list and or use nvda then they are fine.

Its never appeared on more things than this list though.

The synth is pritty low quality tape quality worse than espeak ng excluded, however, for what it is you can pay what its worth.

The access 32 synth is a straight ripp of the gwmicro access 32 driver and I wouldn't use it.

srs ion, blackhork and rockmelt are part of nvda and shouldn't be used.

THe rest are old versions though a lot of stuff is left round.

On 10/07/2017 7:24 p.m., Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Having just had a look I'd be very wary of the Eloquence items on there.
However some of the others are earlier versions of ones from the main website which may in some conditions be useful.
So be careful.

I downloaded the svox Pio one and as expected the voice is a little muffled as its optimised for tiny speakers in telephones.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tony Ballou" <cyberpro224@...>

So I am asking the NVDA experts here, Is this Jeff’s NVDA add on
repository a safe place to download add ons?

Thanks

brian <sackriderbrian45@...>

When itried this link I got the 404 error page not found message.

Brian Sackrider

On 7/9/2017 2:41 PM, Webmaster Deweer wrote:
This is the link: http://jeff.tdrealms.com/NVDA.htm

So I am asking the NVDA experts here, Is this Jeff’s NVDA add on
repository a safe place to download add ons?

Thanks

Bernd Dorer

On this site there are many old addons. Some addons are allready implemented into NVDA itself. The autor isn't updating the addons.
On the addons.nvda-project.org you are save to have tested and rewiewed addons.
On jeffs site, you are not, even if the addon is working for you, you don't know wheather someone has implemented malware into an addon.

hth

Bernd