vlc nvda add on commands

Hello where in the vlc add on do you go to find the list of commands and how to use the add on? when looking I can't seem to find any info on how to use the add on

Hank

Tony Ballou

howdy,,

There's a tutorial on using the VLC Media player add on at the following
website

www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda

Hope this helps.

Tony

On 7/9/2017 1:53 PM, The Wolf wrote:
Hello where in the vlc add on do you go to find the list of commands
and how to use the add on? when looking I can't seem to find any info
on how to use the add on

Hank

Andre Fisher

Where have you looked?

On 7/9/17, Tony Ballou <cyberpro224@...> wrote:
howdy,,

There's a tutorial on using the VLC Media player add on at the following
website

www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda

Hope this helps.

Tony

On 7/9/2017 1:53 PM, The Wolf wrote:
Hello where in the vlc add on do you go to find the list of commands
and how to use the add on? when looking I can't seem to find any info
on how to use the add on

Hank

Gene

There are  no commands specifically for the ad on.  the add on announces things that occurred before but without speech so you didn't know that anything was happening or if you did, you had to memorize or guess what.  After the add on is installed open VLC player and tab.  You will tab through lots of items.  To change the state of an item, press enter on it.  The space bar doesn't do anything.  Letters that are short cut commands take actions which are announced.  I don't think the commands you can control by short cut commands are in addition to those you can perform by tabbing.  I think they are some of the same commands.  I don't know how many are provided.  If you get a list of short cuts for VLC Player, you can try various letter shortcuts.  One of them, for example, is shuffle on and off.  The letter r controls this command.  In the list of short cuts, this is described as random.  Wouldn't it be nice if VLC player documentation used the English language as we know it?  The generally accepted name for the command is not random, but shuffle.

Sent: Sunday, July 09, 2017 2:34 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] vlc nvda add on commands

Where have you looked?

On 7/9/17, Tony Ballou <cyberpro224@...> wrote:
> howdy,,
>

> There's a tutorial on using the VLC Media player add on at the following
> website
>
> www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda
>
> Hope this helps.
>

> Tony
>

> On 7/9/2017 1:53 PM, The Wolf wrote:
>> Hello where in the vlc add on do you go to find the list of commands
>> and how to use the add on? when looking I can't seem to find any info
>> on how to use the add on
>>
>> Hank

Gene

If you do a Google search for VLC Player Shortcuts, you will find lots of results listing some or all of the short cuts.  If you do such a search for any popular program, you will find such information.  If you do such a search for programs that aren't popular, you still may find such information.

Hello where in the vlc add on do you go to find the list of commands and
how to use the add on? when looking I can't seem to find any info on how
to use the add on

Hank

Tony Ballou

Hey Gene,

Absolutely bro!  Your talking gospel!  It sure would make sense. It felt like I was having to be my own language translator when I first started using the program back in the day. I may have a list of the keyboard shortcuts for the VLC media player around here somewhere.  If so I'll put them up.

tony

Sent: Sunday, July 09, 2017 2:34 PM

Where have you looked?

On 7/9/17, Tony Ballou <cyberpro224@...> wrote:
> howdy,,
>

> There's a tutorial on using the VLC Media player add on at the following
> website
>
> www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda
>
> Hope this helps.
>

> Tony
>

> On 7/9/2017 1:53 PM, The Wolf wrote:
>> Hello where in the vlc add on do you go to find the list of commands
>> and how to use the add on? when looking I can't seem to find any info
>> on how to use the add on
>>
>> Hank

hi gene.
could you please send me the link documentation for using vlc?
i searched and loked for tutorial in there website, but unfortunately
could not find anything.

www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda<http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda>

Hope this helps.

Tony

On 7/9/2017 1:53 PM, The Wolf wrote:
Hello where in the vlc add on do you go to find the list of commands
and how to use the add on? when looking I can't seem to find any info
on how to use the add on

Hank

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Gene

I didn't look for a tutorial.  Do a Google search for VLC Media Player tutorial.  You'll see whatever I would see.  I haven't ever looked for one.  There is, evidently, a lot of help documentation on the web site but I haven't checked.  But if you open help in the player, you are referred to the web site.  In the case of popular programs, there is often a good deal of material that has nothing to do with the web site.  So don't do searches that specify the web site.  Just search for something like VLC tutorial.  You might also want to search for things like VLC help or VLC manual.  You may get better results by using the phrase VLC Media Player before what you are looking for.

Sent: Monday, July 10, 2017 4:05 AM

hi gene.
could you please send me the link documentation for using vlc?
i searched and loked for tutorial in there website, but unfortunately
could not find anything.

On 7/10/17, Tony Ballou <cyberpro224@...> wrote:
> Hey Gene,
>

> Absolutely bro!  Your talking gospel!  It sure would make sense. It felt
> like I was having to be my own language translator when I first started
> using the program back in the day. I may have a list of the keyboard
> shortcuts for the VLC media player around here somewhere.  If so I'll put
> them up.
>

> tony
>
> On 7/9/2017 3:50 PM, Gene wrote:
> There are  no commands specifically for the ad on.  the add on announces
> things that occurred before but without speech so you didn't know that
> anything was happening or if you did, you had to memorize or guess what.
> After the add on is installed open VLC player and tab.  You will tab through
> lots of items.  To change the state of an item, press enter on it.  The
> space bar doesn't do anything.  Letters that are short cut commands take
> actions which are announced.  I don't think the commands you can control by
> short cut commands are in addition to those you can perform by tabbing.  I
> think they are some of the same commands.  I don't know how many are
> provided.  If you get a list of short cuts for VLC Player, you can try
> various letter shortcuts.  One of them, for example, is shuffle on and off.
> The letter r controls this command.  In the list of short cuts, this is
> described as random.  Wouldn't it be nice if VLC player documentation used
> the English language as we know it?  The generally accepted name for the
> command is not random, but shuffle.
>
> Gene

thanks gene.
i try to find it, if i can use vlc, if i cant again use potplayer.
potplayer is now very accessible and there is no issue using it with nvda.

On 7/10/17, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
[...]

Hi,

I did a similar search yesterday typing in the phrase VLC media player help and they do have a wiki with all of their documentation there including a table listing all of the available hot keys. Since it is an open source project, some of the writing is dated, I believe that one of the files was last updated as far back as 2011 with no updates since then though. The program itself, uses the classic windows graphic user interface and as you arrow through the menus, the corresponding keyboard shortcuts are presented to you so if push comes to shove, you can with a degree of patience create your own custom sheet tailored to your needs.

Tony

Sent: Monday, July 10, 2017 4:05 AM

hi gene.
could you please send me the link documentation for using vlc?
i searched and loked for tutorial in there website, but unfortunately
could not find anything.

On 7/10/17, Tony Ballou <cyberpro224@...> wrote:
> Hey Gene,
>

> Absolutely bro!  Your talking gospel!  It sure would make sense. It felt
> like I was having to be my own language translator when I first started
> using the program back in the day. I may have a list of the keyboard
> shortcuts for the VLC media player around here somewhere.  If so I'll put
> them up.
>

> tony
>
> On 7/9/2017 3:50 PM, Gene wrote:
> There are  no commands specifically for the ad on.  the add on announces
> things that occurred before but without speech so you didn't know that
> anything was happening or if you did, you had to memorize or guess what.
> After the add on is installed open VLC player and tab.  You will tab through
> lots of items.  To change the state of an item, press enter on it.  The
> space bar doesn't do anything.  Letters that are short cut commands take
> actions which are announced.  I don't think the commands you can control by
> short cut commands are in addition to those you can perform by tabbing.  I
> think they are some of the same commands.  I don't know how many are
> provided.  If you get a list of short cuts for VLC Player, you can try
> various letter shortcuts.  One of them, for example, is shuffle on and off.
> The letter r controls this command.  In the list of short cuts, this is
> described as random.  Wouldn't it be nice if VLC player documentation used
> the English language as we know it?  The generally accepted name for the
> command is not random, but shuffle.
>
> Gene

But many commands aren't in the menus.  That's why I discussed how to find lists of short cut keys yesterday.

Sent: Monday, July 10, 2017 4:05 AM

hi gene.
could you please send me the link documentation for using vlc?
i searched and loked for tutorial in there website, but unfortunately
could not find anything.

On 7/10/17, Tony Ballou <cyberpro224@...> wrote:
> Hey Gene,
>

> Absolutely bro!  Your talking gospel!  It sure would make sense. It felt
> like I was having to be my own language translator when I first started
> using the program back in the day. I may have a list of the keyboard
> shortcuts for the VLC media player around here somewhere.  If so I'll put
> them up.
>

> tony
>
> On 7/9/2017 3:50 PM, Gene wrote:
> There are  no commands specifically for the ad on.  the add on announces
> things that occurred before but without speech so you didn't know that
> anything was happening or if you did, you had to memorize or guess what.
> After the add on is installed open VLC player and tab.  You will tab through
> lots of items.  To change the state of an item, press enter on it.  The
> space bar doesn't do anything.  Letters that are short cut commands take
> actions which are announced.  I don't think the commands you can control by
> short cut commands are in addition to those you can perform by tabbing.  I
> think they are some of the same commands.  I don't know how many are
> provided.  If you get a list of short cuts for VLC Player, you can try
> various letter shortcuts.  One of them, for example, is shuffle on and off.
> The letter r controls this command.  In the list of short cuts, this is
> described as random.  Wouldn't it be nice if VLC player documentation used
> the English language as we know it?  The generally accepted name for the
> command is not random, but shuffle.
>
> Gene

Hi Gene,

Lol!  You got that right buddy! Some stuff will just have to be dug for.

Tony

Sent: Monday, July 10, 2017 4:05 AM

hi gene.
could you please send me the link documentation for using vlc?
i searched and loked for tutorial in there website, but unfortunately
could not find anything.

On 7/10/17, Tony Ballou <cyberpro224@...> wrote:
> Hey Gene,
>

> Absolutely bro!  Your talking gospel!  It sure would make sense. It felt
> like I was having to be my own language translator when I first started
> using the program back in the day. I may have a list of the keyboard
> shortcuts for the VLC media player around here somewhere.  If so I'll put
> them up.
>

> tony
>
> On 7/9/2017 3:50 PM, Gene wrote:
> There are  no commands specifically for the ad on.  the add on announces
> things that occurred before but without speech so you didn't know that
> anything was happening or if you did, you had to memorize or guess what.
> After the add on is installed open VLC player and tab.  You will tab through
> lots of items.  To change the state of an item, press enter on it.  The
> space bar doesn't do anything.  Letters that are short cut commands take
> actions which are announced.  I don't think the commands you can control by
> short cut commands are in addition to those you can perform by tabbing.  I
> think they are some of the same commands.  I don't know how many are
> provided.  If you get a list of short cuts for VLC Player, you can try
> various letter shortcuts.  One of them, for example, is shuffle on and off.
> The letter r controls this command.  In the list of short cuts, this is
> described as random.  Wouldn't it be nice if VLC player documentation used
> the English language as we know it?  The generally accepted name for the
> command is not random, but shuffle.
>
> Gene

i realy needed shufle mode for my player and cant use player without
this feature!
i sincerely appreciate you because you thought me r for shufle and l
for loop playback.
can you also please explane me how to use audio capture in vlc?
this is the last feature in player which i need and use.
i wanted to sincerely appreciate you and divine infinite mercy i pray for you.

www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda<http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda<http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%3Chttp://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda>>

Hope this helps.

Tony

On 7/9/2017 1:53 PM, The Wolf wrote:
Hello where in the vlc add on do you go to find the list of commands
and how to use the add on? when looking I can't seem to find any info
on how to use the add on

Hank

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Gene

I don't use VLC Player.  I have it on my machine and I looked at information and played with the add on to get information but I haven't recorded with the player. Again, if you weren't so adamant about not using add ons, despite the probably thousands of NVDA users who do without problems, you could tab around, hear information read, and you might well be able to figure it out that way.  And you might well get audio feedback when you take actions such as start recording that you likely don't get without the add on.

Sent: Monday, July 10, 2017 10:02 AM

hi gene.
i realy needed shufle mode for my player and cant use player without
this feature!
i sincerely appreciate you because you thought me r for shufle and l
for loop playback.
can you also please explane me how to use audio capture in vlc?
this is the last feature in player which i need and use.
i wanted to sincerely appreciate you and divine infinite mercy i pray for you.

On 7/10/17, Tony Ballou <cyberpro224@...> wrote:
> Hi Gene,
>

> Lol!  You got that right buddy! Some stuff will just have to be dug for.
>

> Tony
>
> On 7/10/2017 10:15 AM, Gene wrote:
> But many commands aren't in the menus.  That's why I discussed how to find
> lists of short cut keys yesterday.
>
> Gene

Hareth <hareth4m@...>

This web page has a lot of VLC shortcut keys, it might help:
https://shortcutworld.com/en/VLC-Media-Player/win/all

TC

On 7/10/17, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
[...]

thanks hareth for your link.
i copied and saved it to study and learn.
gene,
i dont say to people dont use addon or not.
i only said my view point and idea to like only use nvda installer
file, nothing else.

On 7/10/17, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
[...]

I know you didn't say that others shouldn't use add ons.  I'm simply telling you that you are causing yourself a lot of inconvenience and accessibility problems by your refusal to use add ons.

Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 12:02 AM

thanks hareth for your link.
i copied and saved it to study and learn.
gene,
i dont say to people dont use addon or not.
i only said my view point and idea to like only use nvda installer
file, nothing else.

On 7/10/17, Hareth <hareth4m@...> wrote:
> This web page has a lot of VLC shortcut keys, it might help:
> https://shortcutworld.com/en/VLC-Media-Player/win/all
>
> TC
>
> On 7/10/17, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
>> I don't use VLC Player.  I have it on my machine and I looked at
>> information
>> and played with the add on to get information but I haven't recorded with
>> the player. Again, if you weren't so adamant about not using add ons,
>> despite the probably thousands of NVDA users who do without problems, you
>> could tab around, hear information read, and you might well be able to
>> figure it out that way.  And you might well get audio feedback when you
>> take
>> actions such as start recording that you likely don't get without the add
>> on.
>>
>> Gene

thanks gene for understanding me and your clarification about your
previous comments about addons in this post and even previous ones!
God bless you!

On 7/11/17, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
[...]

Don't be Leary of using the add ons. They enhance the functionality of
NVDA and believe me, make loads of things a lot easier to work with and
manage.

Tony

On 7/11/17, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
[...]

Kevin Huber

Hi:

I think that the add-ons are also tested for malware before they are approved.
Kevin Huber