From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Arun Gaalla
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2017 3:23 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] New to NVDA!!!

                Hey guys NVDA announces the exclamation point as bang and also it announces an apostrophe as a tick. Can this be changed and how can it be done. Thanks….

Arun

Andre Fisher

No. Go to Pronunciation dialog in the Preferences menu. Consult the
user guide for more information.

On 7/14/17, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@gmail.com> wrote:
I think it's done in the speech dictionary.

Hey guys NVDA announces the exclamation point as bang and
also it announces an apostrophe as a tick. Can this be changed and how can
it be done. Thanks….

Arun

Chris Mullins

Hi and welcome

Yes it can be done.  Press Nvda+n to open the nvda menu, then press p to open preferences followed by p again to open the Punctuation and Symbol Pronunciation dialog.  Note bang appears twice in the list, as a sentence ending and as a symbol.  Tick appears twice as well, as left tick and right tick.  Down arrow and When you get to an entry you want to change, press tab once to enter the replacement field and enter the word you would like to be spoken instead.  Tab to the OK button and press enter.  Repeat for all changes

Cheers

Chris

                Hey guys NVDA announces the exclamation point as bang and also it announces an apostrophe as a tick. Can this be changed and how can it be done. Thanks….

Arun

Arun Gaalla

Thanks Chris I got it…

Arun