Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 1:23 PM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA and the Online Bible

Hi Gang:

Is there an NVDA add-on for the Online Bible?  If not, can anyone recommend a good off-line Bible that would work with NVDA?

Thanks all over the place gang.

Ron Canazzi

Bible Seeker from the below address is very good with NVDA.  The site has over a dozen bible translations and the search is accessible.  They say the latest version is 2.03 from 2017. I don't know why that is.  I have 2.03 from 2015.  I would assume it's the same program.  The size for download is the same.

http://bible_seeker.en.downloadastro.com/

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Leonard de Ruijter

Hello,

I've been working with online Bible a lot in the past, however that was back when I was using JAWS. Is there a particular reason why you belief you're in need of an add-on?

Regards,
Leonard

On 19-7-2017 21:01, Ron Canazzi wrote:

Bible Seeker from the below address is very good with NVDA.  The site has over a dozen bible translations and the search is accessible.  They say the latest version is 2.03 from 2017. I don't know why that is.  I have 2.03 from 2015.  I would assume it's the same program.  The size for download is the same.

http://bible_seeker.en.downloadastro.com/

On 7/19/2017 2:23 PM, Jim Noseworthy wrote:

Hi Gang:

Is there an NVDA add-on for the Online Bible?  If not, can anyone recommend a good off-line Bible that would work with NVDA?

Thanks all over the place gang.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Jim,

Where can I download the online bible from? I used to use it way back in the days, and I absolutely loved it worth a passion!

I've been dying! to get that thing again!
---
Christopher Gilland

I don't know anything about a Bible or an online Bible program called The Online Bible.  The Internet has lots of sites you can use to read the Bible, see commentary, and perhaps do other things as well.  I haven't researched all the things you can do.  There are Bible programs you can use on your computer as well that others can discuss.  If you let us know what you want to do and if there is any specific translation of the Bible you want, you might get much better help.

Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 1:23 PM

Hi Gang:

Is there an NVDA add-on for the Online Bible?  If not, can anyone recommend a good off-line Bible that would work with NVDA?

Thanks all over the place gang.

Jim Noseworthy

Christopher

Go to:

www.onlinebible.net

Unless there is an add-on for that program, it would be of any value using NVDA.

Cheers.

Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 1:23 PM

Hi Gang:

Is there an NVDA add-on for the Online Bible?  If not, can anyone recommend a good off-line Bible that would work with NVDA?

Thanks all over the place gang.

Jim Noseworthy

I am the JAWS support person for Online Bible but I have a client who wishes to use NVDA. It just doesn’t work with NVDA.

Cheers.

.

[...]

I plan to actually use it with JAWS, hince my off list e-mail to you. That said, why an addon? Does NVDA just not see the content of the scripture screens?
---
Christopher Gilland

Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 1:23 PM

Hi Gang:

Is there an NVDA add-on for the Online Bible?  If not, can anyone recommend a good off-line Bible that would work with NVDA?

Thanks all over the place gang.

Gotcha.
---
Christopher Gilland

Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 4:43 PM

Christopher:

That is correct.

Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 1:23 PM

Hi Gang:

Is there an NVDA add-on for the Online Bible?  If not, can anyone recommend a good off-line Bible that would work with NVDA?

Thanks all over the place gang.

Leonard de Ruijter

Hey,

I will try to investigate this in the weekend. As JAWS is able to read stuff from it just fine (and I was able to operate it using SuperNova as well), it shouldn't be that hard.

Regards,
Leonard

[...]

Hey Leonard:

Thanks all over the place.

[...]

Laurie Mehta

There are many options but here is one that I have no difficulty using-- and I use NVDA excluseively...
(I copied the title bar and address for you-- I use firefox.)

BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 150 versions and 50 languages. - Mozilla Firefox

https://www.biblegateway.com/

-LM

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Date: Wednesday, July 19, 2017, 11:23 AM

Hi Gang:  Is there an NVDA add-on for
the Online Bible?  If not, can anyone recommend a good
off-line Bible that would work with NVDA?  Thanks all over the place
gang.

Leonard de Ruijter

Hey Jim,

It turns out I was wrong, I have experience with an Online Bible, but it is the program from http://www.onlinebible.org/ . This application worked quite Ok with JAWS and SUperNova in the past.

Let me know whether this is a suitable alternative for you.

Regards,

Leonard

On 20-7-2017 12:40, Jim Noseworthy wrote:

Hey Leonard:

Thanks all over the place.

[...]

Hello:

That’s the program I’m talking about by Larry Pearce.

Cheers.

[...]

Thanks: I know about Bible Gateway but my client is looking for an NVDA compatible off-line Bible.

Cheers.

Date: Wednesday, July 19, 2017, 11:23 AM

Hi Gang: Is there an NVDA add-on for
the Online Bible? If not, can anyone recommend a good off-line Bible that would work with NVDA? Thanks all over the place gang.

Ian Blackburn

You could try theopilis i'll send another message later to get the correct spelling
If you buy the full package that is not cheap it's produced by an American company now and is compatible with Windows 7 but I don't know about 10
It has a specific mode for screen readers but does not have some of the modern translations like an IV
Are use bible gateway on my phone
Regards Ian

Sent from my iPhone

Date: Wednesday, July 19, 2017, 11:23 AM

Hi Gang: Is there an NVDA add-on for
the Online Bible? If not, can anyone recommend a good off-line Bible that would work with NVDA? Thanks all over the place gang.

Dani Pagador

Hi, Jim.
I'm Dani, new to the list and to NVDA.

If you want a Bible for offline viewing, try www.optasia.org. It's a
Christian ministry that provides the Bible in different translations,
both in electronic formatted Braille and text, as well as other study
resources and reading material. I recently requested and received
their library on two DVDs and am really pleased with it.

HTH,
Dani

Date: Wednesday, July 19, 2017, 11:23 AM

Hi Gang: Is there an NVDA add-on for
the Online Bible? If not, can anyone recommend a good off-line Bible that
would work with NVDA? Thanks all over the place gang.

Jim Noseworthy

Dani:

Thanks for your post. My client wishes to search for references as well as use concordences.

Thanks all over the place.

Date: Wednesday, July 19, 2017, 11:23 AM