Latest Windows update has put an annoying sound for message deletion

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Hi, Quentin,

I received an automatic update to my Windows 10 last night and now there is an annoying descending sound every time I delete a message in my Inbox. This was silent yesterday and I cannot find how to turn it off! It is not the warning for permanently deleting messages. I turned that off and it made no difference.

The sound also comes when I delete text from within a message.

The sound is interfering with NVDA and is most annoying. Any ideas?

All the best,

Cearbhall

Brian's Mail list account

Is this on the mail app itself have they actually changed a sound that was always there but like silent?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

I received an automatic update to my Windows 10 last night and now there is
an annoying descending sound every time I delete a message in my Inbox. This
was silent yesterday and I cannot find how to turn it off! It is not the
warning for permanently deleting messages. I turned that off and it made no
difference.

The sound also comes when I delete text from within a message.

The sound is interfering with NVDA and is most annoying. Any ideas?

All the best,

Cearbhall

Chris

If you mean Microsoft office then you can change this in control panel > sounds > sound tab under Microsoft office tree

What client is this using, or does that matter?
---
Christopher Gilland

Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2017 4:28 AM

Hi, Quentin,

I received an automatic update to my Windows 10 last night and now there is an annoying descending sound every time I delete a message in my Inbox. This was silent yesterday and I cannot find how to turn it off! It is not the warning for permanently deleting messages. I turned that off and it made no difference.

The sound also comes when I delete text from within a message.

The sound is interfering with NVDA and is most annoying. Any ideas?

All the best,

Cearbhall

Arlene

That’s cause I put it there! Loll. Just kidding. That’s got to suck. If you turned it off and it’s still there. is there a way in the settings where you can really make sure it’s off? Did the settings get somehow changed and you did not know it?

I received an automatic update to my Windows 10 last night and now there is an annoying descending sound every time I delete a message in my Inbox. This was silent yesterday and I cannot find how to turn it off! It is not the warning for permanently deleting messages. I turned that off and it made no difference.

The sound also comes when I delete text from within a message.

The sound is interfering with NVDA and is most annoying. Any ideas?

All the best,

Cearbhall

Brian's Mail list account

I'm sure even in universal (silly name for inaccessible code) there has to be an option to disable or alter the sounds.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

I received an automatic update to my Windows 10 last night and now there is
an annoying descending sound every time I delete a message in my Inbox. This
was silent yesterday and I cannot find how to turn it off! It is not the
warning for permanently deleting messages. I turned that off and it made no
difference.

The sound also comes when I delete text from within a message.

The sound is interfering with NVDA and is most annoying. Any ideas?

All the best,

Cearbhall

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Arlene,

It does look as though the update had the switch turned on. Did you see the follow-up email from me as to where the switch was?

All the best,

Cearbhall

That’s cause I put it there! Loll. Just kidding. That’s got to suck. If you turned it off and it’s still there. is there a way in the settings where you can really make sure it’s off? Did the settings get somehow changed and you did not know it?

I received an automatic update to my Windows 10 last night and now there is an annoying descending sound every time I delete a message in my Inbox. This was silent yesterday and I cannot find how to turn it off! It is not the warning for permanently deleting messages. I turned that off and it made no difference.

The sound also comes when I delete text from within a message.

The sound is interfering with NVDA and is most annoying. Any ideas?

All the best,

Cearbhall

Arlene

Oh no, sorry I didn’t.