How accessible is Outlook 2016?

John J. Boyer

I'm trying to set up an email account on Outlook 2016. So far it's throwing me into a loop where it asks the same things
over and over. What is the most accessible email client? I haven't had much luck with Thunderbird either.

thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@...

Ralf Kefferpuetz

For me Outlook is the most accessible mail program, and I have 6 accounts
running under Outlook 2016, never had a problem.

Cheers,
Ralf

I'm trying to set up an email account on Outlook 2016. So far it's throwing
me into a loop where it asks the same things over and over. What is the most
accessible email client? I haven't had much luck with Thunderbird either.

thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@...
website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
services
that are available at no cost

Jason White

I use it extensively and it's very accessible. If it keeps prompting you for
account details, this is probably because it can't connect to the server. If
it's an IMAP server, you may have to enter the "advanced" options during the
account configuration process to specify the port and the authentication
scheme for both the IMAP and SMTP sides.

I'm trying to set up an email account on Outlook 2016. So far it's throwing
me into a loop where it asks the same things over and over. What is the most
accessible email client? I haven't had much luck with Thunderbird either.

thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@...
website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
services
that are available at no cost

does it use the ribon system?

On 7/21/2017 2:43 AM, Ralf Kefferpuetz wrote:
For me Outlook is the most accessible mail program, and I have 6 accounts
running under Outlook 2016, never had a problem.

Cheers,
Ralf

I'm trying to set up an email account on Outlook 2016. So far it's throwing
me into a loop where it asks the same things over and over. What is the most
accessible email client? I haven't had much luck with Thunderbird either.

thanks,
John

Jason White

Yes, it uses ribbons, so you can be very efficient if you learn the ribbon-related keyboard commands (e.g., Alt+H c s to accept a meeting invitation when the invitation is open in the current window, or Alt+H a f to attach a file to the message you're currently writing).

I'm trying to set up an email account on Outlook 2016. So far it's
throwing me into a loop where it asks the same things over and over.
What is the most accessible email client? I haven't had much luck with Thunderbird either.

thanks,
John

Brian's Mail list account

This issue is always the case on imap unless you have a configuration file you can import with this already in place. I've seen this on some sites but of course the first time you run it you have to personalise it.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-