NVDA and the Online Bible.

Jim Noseworthy

Hi Folks:

When I press the Insert+* keys after cursoring up/down, (move navigator object to mouse), I am able to read the Online Bible as I cursor down through the particular book.  My question is, is there a way to make this happen automatically when I press the up & down cursor keys?

It’s unfortunate that NVDA, ( a free screen reading program,), does not work with the Online Bible, (a free complete Bible resource program), even though JAWS works very well with the program.

Whether we do, or do not read the Bible, there’s no denying that it is, extremely important to many NVDA users.

Any time, fully functioning programs are made availible, such as Jart, or the Online bible, for example, which are absolutely free, there should be a way to make NVDA compatible with such programs.

Perhaps add-ons can solve the problem, I don’t really know.

Thanks all over the place.

Gene

I don't know how many Bible programs NVDA works with and, considering the enormous amount of Bible resources available online, I don't know how high a priority having this specific program work well is among NVDA users. Every project, an add on or work on NVDA itself, takes time and man-hours.  I'm not saying this program should or shouldn't be made to work better with NVDA.  I'm saying that just because a program is free is irrelevant and the fact that NVDA is free doesn't enter into determining what programs should be made more accessible.

Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2017 11:58 AM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA and the Online Bible.

[...]

Ron Canazzi

Hi Jim,

I sent a reference to the Bible Seeker program which is a stand alone fully accessible and searchable program that has a dozen or so Bible versions and works perfectly with NVDA.

http://bible_seeker.en.downloadastro.com/

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Jim Noseworthy

Hello:

My Eset Nod32 program has that sight blocked.

Thanks.

[...]

Thanks for the information concerning Bible Seeker but my client is looking for a program that has access to various version EG: NIV, TNIV, EST,NKJ, NRSV, NLB, Message, etc.

Again, thanks all over the place.

Ron Canazzi

That is a false positive. I have the program if you want a drop box link. In this archive, there are a bunch of the bibles included.

On 7/23/2017 3:53 PM, Jim Noseworthy wrote:

[...]

Bible Seeker has the following Bibles:

Authorized King James Version (1611)

American Standard Version

Bible In Basic English

Darby Version

Douay-Rheimes

Updated King James Version

Webster Bible

Weymouth NT

World English Bible

World English Bible (Hebrew Names Version)

Young Literal Translation Version

In addition, it has the following commentaries:

Jammison-Faucet-Brown

Mathew Henry Commentary

On 7/23/2017 4:02 PM, Jim Noseworthy wrote:

Thanks for the information concerning Bible Seeker but my client is looking for a program that has access to various version EG: NIV, TNIV, EST,NKJ, NRSV, NLB, Message, etc.

Again, thanks all over the place.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Considering the enormous amount of material online, is there any possibility that your client would consider using Bible sites?  There are numerous versions of the Bible online.  I believe there are some sites that have perhaps ten or fifteen versions available on one site.

I believe you mentioned a concordance.  I did a Google search for Bible concordance.  Here are many of the first ten results.  There were some that weren't relevant.
Each result is on its own line. Free Online - Bible Study Tools
Strongs Exhaustive Bible Concordance Online - Bible Study Tools
Bible Concordances: Multi-version, Strong's, Englishman's, NASEC
King James Bible Concordance
Strong's Concordance with Hebrew and Greek Lexicon - EliYah
Concordance - Encyclopedia of The Bible - Bible Gateway

Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2017 4:56 PM

[...]

Yeah, and my Windows Defender reports it as being malware. When I ignored it thinking it was a false positive, I downloaded what looked to be the setup, at which point, it tried getting something called Astro file manager, which after googling, I'm seeing has lots of spyware in it.
---
Christopher Gilland

[...]

The program itself should be clean.  But these days, with so many free programs being bundled with other unwanted software, who knows what comes with it.  Ron's copy should be clean and it probably dates from a time when free programs really were free.

Gene

Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2017 5:48 PM