NVDA not announcing save as dialog box

Dan Thompson

Greetings,

Frequently when pressing control-S on a first time save of a file, the save as box is not announced as being opened.  I then tab once and shift tab to make it  be announced. Is there something I do not have checked on somewhere?

Thanks for any help in advance.

subscribe to Friday Finds by sending a blank email with "subscribe dan's tips" in the subject line. To

dmt031073@...

subscribe to "Hotspot With God" daily devotion by sending a blank message with "subscribe devotion" in the subject line to

dmt031073@...

TRUTH FOR TODAY:

Romans 8:28, "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who  love God and are called according to his purpose for them." (NLT)

Psalm 119:60, "I will hasten and not delay to obey your commands." (NIV)

Quentin Christensen

Hi Dan,

What program are you trying to save a file in (Word, NotePad, Reaper, ?) and also which version of Windows?

Regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Bhavya shah

Hi Quentin,
While I do not have any specifics to offer at the moment, I believe I
have experienced this same issue on a number of occasions. I shall
conduct extensive testing a little later, but it is worth noting that
NVDA did announce the appearance of the Save As dialog when pressing
Ctrl+S in Firefox 54.0.1 stable on my Windows 8.1 system, but with a
conspicuous 5 second lag and the following log contents:
kb(laptop):control+s
DEBUGWARNING - watchdog._watcher (11:05:12):
Trying to recover from freeze, core stack:
File "nvda.pyw", line 199, in <module>
File "core.pyo", line 391, in main
File "wx\_core.pyo", line 8657, in MainLoop
File "wx\_core.pyo", line 7952, in MainLoop
File "core.pyo", line 361, in Notify
File "IAccessibleHandler.pyo", line 873, in pumpAll
File "IAccessibleHandler.pyo", line 655, in processFocusWinEvent
File "IAccessibleHandler.pyo", line 530, in winEventToNVDAEvent
File "NVDAObjects\IAccessible\__init__.pyo", line 43, in
getNVDAObjectFromEvent
File "NVDAObjects\__init__.pyo", line 59, in __call__
File "NVDAObjects\__init__.pyo", line 188, in findBestAPIClass
File "NVDAObjects\IAccessible\MSHTML.pyo", line 439, in kwargsFromSuper
File "NVDAObjects\IAccessible\MSHTML.pyo", line 155, in
HTMLNodeFromIAccessible
File "comtypes\__init__.pyo", line 1111, in QueryService

DEBUGWARNING - core.CorePump.Notify (11:05:12):
errors in this core pump cycle
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "core.pyo", line 361, in Notify
File "IAccessibleHandler.pyo", line 873, in pumpAll
File "IAccessibleHandler.pyo", line 655, in processFocusWinEvent
File "IAccessibleHandler.pyo", line 530, in winEventToNVDAEvent
File "NVDAObjects\IAccessible\__init__.pyo", line 43, in
getNVDAObjectFromEvent
File "NVDAObjects\__init__.pyo", line 69, in __call__
File "NVDAObjects\IAccessible\__init__.pyo", line 546, in __init__
File "baseObject.pyo", line 21, in __get__
File "watchdog.pyo", line 202, in _COMError_init
CallCancelled
DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (11:05:13):
COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessibleTable) ptr=0x0 at 4ce8f30> already deleted
DEBUGWARNING - watchdog._watcher (11:05:13):
Trying to recover from freeze, core stack:
File "nvda.pyw", line 199, in <module>
File "core.pyo", line 391, in main
File "wx\_core.pyo", line 8657, in MainLoop
File "wx\_core.pyo", line 7952, in MainLoop
File "core.pyo", line 361, in Notify
File "IAccessibleHandler.pyo", line 873, in pumpAll
File "IAccessibleHandler.pyo", line 669, in processFocusWinEvent
File "IAccessibleHandler.pyo", line 685, in processFocusNVDAEvent
File "baseObject.pyo", line 34, in __get__
File "baseObject.pyo", line 110, in _getPropertyViaCache
File "NVDAObjects\IAccessible\__init__.pyo", line 633, in
_get_shouldAllowIAccessibleFocusEvent
File "baseObject.pyo", line 34, in __get__
File "baseObject.pyo", line 110, in _getPropertyViaCache
File "NVDAObjects\UIA\__init__.pyo", line 1045, in _get_parent
File "NVDAObjects\UIA\__init__.pyo", line 1028, in correctAPIForRelation
File "NVDAObjects\window\__init__.pyo", line 300, in correctAPIForRelation
File "NVDAObjects\__init__.pyo", line 76, in __call__
File "NVDAObjects\IAccessible\__init__.pyo", line 608, in __init__
File "comtypesMonkeyPatches.pyo", line 50, in newCpbDel
File "comtypes\__init__.pyo", line 263, in __getattr__

Thanks.

dmt031073@gmail.com

subscribe to "Hotspot With God" daily devotion by sending a blank message
with "subscribe devotion" in the subject line to

dmt031073@gmail.com

TRUTH FOR TODAY:

Romans 8:28, "And we know that God causes everything to work together for
the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose
for
them." (NLT)

Psalm 119:60, "I will hasten and not delay to obey your commands." (NIV)

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Ph +61 7 3149 3306
www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess
--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah

Contacting Me
E-mail Address: bhavya.shah125@gmail.com
Mobile Number: +91 7506221750

hi.
i also confirm this.
this is not occuring every times.
but sometimes i have this problem.
i press alt tab to go to another windows and then again return in the
program which i wanted to save file.

wrote:

[...]

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

So what has mshtml got to do with a browser running a mozzilla html system one wonders.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

[...]

No this effect seems quite common sometimes, but I've no idea where the bottleneck is.
In fact a similar lag can also occur when you edit file name to add a path in the filname field the typing often is several seconds behind for a while then suddenly catches up.
I've seen this on Word, Firefox and other software too.
Windows 7 64 latest master but its the same on the release version. Lots of watchdog messing about in log usually as if a lot of core use has stalled it.

<mailto:dmt031073@gmail.com> dmt031073@gmail.com

TRUTH FOR TODAY:

Romans 8:28, "And we know that God causes everything to work together for
the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for
them." (NLT)

Psalm 119:60, "I will hasten and not delay to obey your commands." (NIV)

Rui Fontes

It happens in a lot of programs.
In most cases, it will announce the window, but lots of time later...

Here is the log using last Next version of NVDA:
IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (12:02:55.132):
Input: kb(desktop):control+g
DEBUG - NVDAObjects.NVDAObject._get_placeholder (12:02:55.398):
Potential unimplemented child class: <NVDAObjects.Dynamic_ClipboardCommandAnnouncementIAccessible object at 0x051B8410>
IO - braille.BrailleBuffer.update (12:02:55.400):
Braille regions text: [u'Sem t\xedtulo - Bloco de notas indispon\xedvel ', u'Editor de Texto mln ed\xe7 ', u'as ']
IO - braille.BrailleHandler.update (12:02:55.401):
Braille window dots: 1 234 -
DEBUGWARNING - watchdog._watcher (12:02:55.910):
Trying to recover from freeze, core stack:
File "nvda.pyw", line 199, in <module>
File "core.pyc", line 396, in main
File "wx\_core.pyc", line 8657, in MainLoop
File "wx\_core.pyc", line 7952, in MainLoop
File "core.pyc", line 366, in Notify
File "IAccessibleHandler.pyc", line 889, in pumpAll
File "IAccessibleHandler.pyc", line 617, in processGenericWinEvent
File "IAccessibleHandler.pyc", line 529, in winEventToNVDAEvent
File "NVDAObjects\IAccessible\__init__.pyc", line 37, in getNVDAObjectFromEvent
File "IAccessibleHandler.pyc", line 339, in accessibleObjectFromEvent
File "oleacc.pyc", line 240, in AccessibleObjectFromEvent

DEBUGWARNING - NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible._get_IAccessibleRole (12:02:56.009):
accRole failed: (-2147024809, 'O par\xe2metro est\xe1 incorreto.', (None, None, None, 0, None))
DEBUGWARNING - NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible._get_IAccessibleRole (12:02:56.013):
accRole failed: (-2147024809, 'O par\xe2metro est\xe1 incorreto.', (None, None, None, 0, None))
DEBUGWARNING - NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible._get_IAccessibleRole (12:02:56.016):
accRole failed: (-2147024809, 'O par\xe2metro est\xe1 incorreto.', (None, None, None, 0, None))
DEBUGWARNING - NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible._get_IAccessibleRole (12:02:56.131):
accRole failed: (-2147024809, 'O par\xe2metro est\xe1 incorreto.', (None, None, None, 0, None))
DEBUGWARNING - watchdog._watcher (12:02:56.775):
Trying to recover from freeze, core stack:
File "nvda.pyw", line 199, in <module>
File "core.pyc", line 396, in main
File "wx\_core.pyc", line 8657, in MainLoop
File "wx\_core.pyc", line 7952, in MainLoop
File "core.pyc", line 366, in Notify
File "IAccessibleHandler.pyc", line 875, in pumpAll
File "IAccessibleHandler.pyc", line 654, in processFocusWinEvent
File "IAccessibleHandler.pyc", line 529, in winEventToNVDAEvent
File "NVDAObjects\IAccessible\__init__.pyc", line 43, in getNVDAObjectFromEvent
File "NVDAObjects\__init__.pyc", line 71, in __call__
File "NVDAObjects\IAccessible\__init__.pyc", line 558, in __init__
File "IAccessibleHandler.pyc", line 909, in getIAccIdentity
File "comtypes\__init__.pyc", line 1078, in QueryInterface

DEBUGWARNING - core.CorePump.Notify (12:02:56.829):
errors in this core pump cycle
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "core.pyc", line 366, in Notify
File "IAccessibleHandler.pyc", line 875, in pumpAll
File "IAccessibleHandler.pyc", line 668, in processFocusWinEvent
File "IAccessibleHandler.pyc", line 684, in processFocusNVDAEvent
File "baseObject.pyc", line 34, in __get__
File "baseObject.pyc", line 110, in _getPropertyViaCache
File "NVDAObjects\IAccessible\__init__.pyc", line 637, in _get_shouldAllowIAccessibleFocusEvent
File "baseObject.pyc", line 34, in __get__
File "baseObject.pyc", line 110, in _getPropertyViaCache
File "NVDAObjects\IAccessible\__init__.pyc", line 918, in _get_parent
File "NVDAObjects\__init__.pyc", line 78, in __call__
File "NVDAObjects\IAccessible\__init__.pyc", line 385, in findOverlayClasses
File "baseObject.pyc", line 34, in __get__
File "baseObject.pyc", line 110, in _getPropertyViaCache
File "watchdog.pyc", line 202, in _COMError_init
CallCancelled
IO - speech.speak (12:02:58.977):
Speaking [u'Guardar como Janela Nome de ficheiro: Nome de ficheiro:\nGuardar com o tipo: Guardar com o tipo:']

[...]

Basic Training for NVDA & Microsoft Word with NVDA E-Books now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Ph +61 7 3149 3306
www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I just had it while typing in after it had come up, this was I think due to problems with the list of suggestions generated when you start to type.

DEBUG - editableText.EditableText._hasCaretMoved (15:45:38.900):
Caret move detected using bookmarks. Elapsed: 0 ms
IO - speech.speak (15:45:38.911):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'blank']
IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (15:45:44.282):
Input: kb(desktop):l
IO - speech._speakSpellingGen (15:45:49.157):
Speaking character u'l'
DEBUG - queueHandler.registerGeneratorObject (15:45:49.157):

Only a few seconds but enough to make it sound really odd.
[...]

Hi Brian are you suggesting I get an add-in. I wasn't sure what all the lines of programing was for. Thanks for your help.

wrote:

[...]

Dan,

No the code that Brian posted was messages from the log file - to help diagnose and try to fix the issue.

briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

No not really, I put up the log to show the seconds delay starting to build up. In my view there is something strange about the way nvda looks at the save and open dialogues sometimes, escpecially if there is an existing file name in the field and then you start to type.
As has been said it slows things down.

wrote:

[...]

Thanks for sharing this information and helping me not feel like I was going crazy and causing he issue. Have a great day.

wrote:

[...]

Its very erratic though. I imagine that is why its so hard to track it down.
My guess is that somewhere something is using a lot of processor for a short time and Windows does not notice or cannot share the load as the tasks need to be in the same core.

wrote:

[...]

Could someone collect the several log snippets shared in this thread
and report this issue on NVDA's Github tracker please? Please CC me
(@bhavyashah) so that I can follow any activity and aid in
troubleshooting this bug. I might not be able to get to this
ticket-filing till a day or so, thus requesting someone else who has
experienced this issue to report the same instead.
Thanks.