problem solved

Don H

So with some help from list members I figured out that my new Email provider was saying Emails from the list were spam and blocking them. Of course the web page to resolve the issue is real difficult to manage with a screen reader so I had to get some sighted help from my son.

Thanks to all for the help.

Laz

This happens a lot more than most people realize and leads to all
sorts of unnecessary test messages. One needs to take a look at their
spam folder at least once a month to see what one has missed because
of the stupid spam filters in use these days and mark those messages
as not spam.

Laz

On 7/28/17, Don H <lmddh50@...> wrote:
So with some help from list members I figured out that my new Email
provider was saying Emails from the list were spam and blocking them.
Of course the web page to resolve the issue is real difficult to manage
with a screen reader so I had to get some sighted help from my son.

Thanks to all for the help.

Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@...
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa

Rosemarie Chavarria

I had to do that recently. Some messages for the music list I'm on were going to the spam folder so I went to the gmail site and checked the messages that it said were spam. Then I hit the "not spm" button and the messages got moved to the correct folder.

--
Affordably priced Accessible Talking MP3 Players, Accessible phones, Bluetooth devices, and accessories http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@...

Laz

Unfortunately it's not a one time thing, in other words one has to
continue doing that periodically. I recommend at least once a month.

Laz

On 7/28/17, Don H <lmddh50@...> wrote:
So with some help from list members I figured out that my new Email
provider was saying Emails from the list were spam and blocking them.
Of course the web page to resolve the issue is real difficult to
manage with a screen reader so I had to get some sighted help from my
son.

Thanks to all for the help.

Bluetooth devices, and accessories http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@...
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa

Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@...
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa

Rosemarie Chavarria

That's true. I check the spam folder at least once a month.

On 7/28/17, Don H <lmddh50@...> wrote:
So with some help from list members I figured out that my new Email
provider was saying Emails from the list were spam and blocking them.
Of course the web page to resolve the issue is real difficult to
manage with a screen reader so I had to get some sighted help from my
son.

Thanks to all for the help.

Bluetooth devices, and accessories http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@...
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa

Affordably priced Accessible Talking MP3 Players, Accessible phones, Bluetooth devices, and accessories http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@...
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa

Brian's Mail list account

Yes agreed, but the snag is that pop3 has not kept up with the spam systems. Many isps only allow people to look at their spam folder in their webmail interface and many of these are not really good to get at with a screenreader, still. In some, like Virgin and Gmail and some others you can set up an Imap account to get at this folder in a client, though seldom does this mean you can change spam rules, only retrieve the messages in that folder, Webmail still seems to be the go to place to configure server side rules for spam.
Sadly.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.