Problem with Edge

Lee Jones

Dear List, I want to use NVDA with edge on windows ten home but it just keeps telling me that it can’t open the app. I have read online that you can’t access edge from a built in administrator account. It won’t let me create another account to sign in with. I think the only way to do it is to edit the registry. This is a daunting prospect. Could some kind soul explain how you edit the registery with NVDA so that edge will open.

Many Thanks, Lee

John Hedges

This is not an MVDA problem. The Administrator

Account is limited on 10. Just create a Microsoft Account  set it to administrator, or a local account with admin priviledges.

Chris

You need to create a user account with admin priviliges

Not the actual built in administrator account

They should be another account already created when windows was first installed anyway with admin priviliges

Try that account first

Otherwise create a new account with admin priviliges and log into that one