some more help

Sakina

Hello Nasreen,

Your guidance below worked for me very well.

use press application key when your external drive is focused and find eject and press enter!

I am wondering if there is any keyboard commands that will close the CD draw after the disc is being ejected and removed.

I am manually pushing the draw to close.

Any help from any member will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all again and with many regards

Sakina

Tony Ballou

Hi Sakina,

In all of my years of being around these things and that's plenty of them grins, to my knowledge, there has never been a command for closing a CD-Rom drive with a shortcut key. It's one of those things that you just have to do by hand.

Tony

On 7/30/2017 10:19 AM, Sakina wrote:

Hello Nasreen,

Your guidance below worked for me very well.

use press application key when your external drive is focused and find eject and press enter!

I am wondering if there is any keyboard commands that will close the CD draw after the disc is being ejected and removed.

I am manually pushing the draw to close.

Any help from any member will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all again and with many regards

Sakina

Gene

Doesn't the computer have a button somewhere around or maybe on the cd drawer?  The button opens the drawer and closes it.  I haven't seen or heard of a computer without such a button and I assume it is standard.  You don't have to eject a cd using a command from the computer keyboard.

I'm not sure these days, in versions of Windows later than XP if you should still use safely eject hardware.  But when dealing with a cd, whose content can't be changed in any way by ejecting it, you can just use the button somewhere around the cd drawer.

Your guidance below worked for me very well.

use press application key when your external drive is focused and find eject and press enter!

I am wondering if there is any keyboard commands that will close the CD draw after the disc is being ejected and removed.

I am manually pushing the draw to close.

Any help from any member will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all again and with many regards

Sakina

Jacques <lists4js@...>

There is a utility called Door Control that will do it. Below is a short description, followed by the URL from where to download it. The utility also works under Windows 10.

When using the computer on a daily basis, we often have to open and close the DVD drive door. However, this can be a bit of a hassle if the computer case is be under the table or if we have a laptop with the awkward side DVD drive door.
The Door Control software will help you resolve these issues. The software shows the button for opening and closing the DVD drive door in the system menu. A single click will open or close the DVD drive door. You may also assign a hotkey for this function. In comparison with similar software, Door Control uses a special algorithm to recognise whether the doors are open or closed. A single click is enough to open or close the DVD drive door.
The user may customise the colour of the button, assign a hotkey and launch the software at system start-up. The Door Control software is very small and uses a very small amount of RAM for its operation.

Download link:
http://www.digola.com/setupdoorcontrol.zip

On 30/07/2017 16:40, Tony Ballou wrote:
Hi Sakina,
In all of my years of being around these things and that's plenty of them grins, to my knowledge, there has never been a command for closing a CD-Rom drive with a shortcut key. It's one of those things that you just have to do by hand.
Tony
On 7/30/2017 10:19 AM, Sakina wrote:

Hello Nasreen,

Your guidance below worked for me very well.

use press application key when your external drive is focused and find eject and press enter!

I am wondering if there is any keyboard commands that will close the CD draw after the disc is being ejected and removed.

I am manually pushing the draw to close.

Any help from any member will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all again and with many regards

Sakina

No need to push the drawer manually; just press the button right below
the disk drawer and it will close by itself.
Nevzat

On 7/30/17, Tony Ballou <cyberpro224@...> wrote:
Hi Sakina,

In all of my years of being around these things and that's plenty of them
grins, to my knowledge, there has never been a command for closing a CD-Rom
drive with a shortcut key. It's one of those things that you just have to do
by hand.

Tony

On 7/30/2017 10:19 AM, Sakina wrote:
Hello Nasreen,
Your guidance below worked for me very well.
use press application key when your external drive is focused and find eject
and press enter!
I am wondering if there is any keyboard commands that will close the CD draw
after the disc is being ejected and removed.
I am manually pushing the draw to close.
Any help from any member will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all again and with many regards
Sakina

What I said in my previous message is true for desktops and not
laptops. For laptops one has to push in the drawer manually.
Nevzat

On 7/30/17, Nevzat Adil <nevzatadil@...> wrote:
[...]

Oh yeah that's right, should be just to the right and beneath the drive in most cases.

Tony

On 7/30/2017 10:48 AM, Gene wrote:
[...]

Chris Mullins

The CD/DVD drawers on many computers are not powered.  When you push it closed, does it slide into place electrically after slight pressure or do you have to physically push it until it clicks shut?  If the drawer is electrically powered there will probably be a keyboard command to close it, unpowered drawers will have to be closed manually.

Cheers

Chris

Your guidance below worked for me very well.

use press application key when your external drive is focused and find eject and press enter!

I am wondering if there is any keyboard commands that will close the CD draw after the disc is being ejected and removed.

I am manually pushing the draw to close.

Any help from any member will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all again and with many regards

Sakina

Sakina

Dear Gene and all the  friends who promptly responded,

I thank you all for your help in solving my problem.

Yes after exploring the button on the machine now,  it does both the functions and I need not do it manually.

Thank you all once again.

Many regards

Sakina

[...]

Arlene

Moast computers have a cd button you hit the ddrive opens by itself. Once gently hit. It closes by itself.

In all of my years of being around these things and that's plenty of them grins, to my knowledge, there has never been a command for closing a CD-Rom drive with a shortcut key. It's one of those things that you just have to do by hand.

Tony

On 7/30/2017 10:19 AM, Sakina wrote:

Hello Nasreen,

Your guidance below worked for me very well.

use press application key when your external drive is focused and find eject and press enter!

I am wondering if there is any keyboard commands that will close the CD draw after the disc is being ejected and removed.

I am manually pushing the draw to close.

Any help from any member will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all again and with many regards

Sakina

hi sakina.
i am very glad that my guidance was helpful for you!
for cd dvd, i do the same which i do for ejecting flash.
use press application key when my external drive is focused and find
eject and press enter.
and i think that windows+b or for addons users nvda+f11 should works.
i am realy very glad to recieved your message and could help you.
also my real name is zahra.
i wish that all people call my real name.

On 7/31/17, Arlene <nedster66@...> wrote:
[...]

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org