From: Don H
Sent: Sunday, July 30, 2017 2:33 PM
Subject: [nvda] multiple links on one line

Keep in mind that I am in the middle of trying to learn NVDA and Jaws at
the same time.  I am using NVDA as my primary screen reader replacing
Window Eyes which I used for twenty years.

On some web pages I am finding links that are bunched together on one
line.  Is there a way to get NVDA to read a web page as if each link is
on a separate line?

Thanks

Don H

Thanks that is just what I was looking for.

On 7/30/2017 2:39 PM, Gene wrote:
Use NVDA key v when on a web page to turn use screen layout off.  The command toggles between on and off.  Off causes all links to be read on separate lines.  This should be the default and it probably causes a lot of unnecessary confusion among new users that it isn't.

After you change this setting, use NVDA key control c to make sure the setting is saved.  The default is for NVDA to save changes on exit but I don't know if you have changed the setting and the command I gave will save the setting.

Keep in mind that I am in the middle of trying to learn NVDA and Jaws at
the same time.  I am using NVDA as my primary screen reader replacing
Window Eyes which I used for twenty years.

On some web pages I am finding links that are bunched together on one
line.  Is there a way to get NVDA to read a web page as if each link is
on a separate line?

Thanks

hi.
also you can press nvda+n then p for preferences, find brows mode,
press space to uncheck use screen layout when supported and press okay
to confirm your setting.

On 7/30/2017 2:39 PM, Gene wrote:
[...]

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Tony Ballou

Hi Don,

I saw something about this a while ago. and hope this is right. I
think if you go to the preferences section of the nvda menu there's a
checkbox in the browse mode option that when checked will do this. The
checkbox you'll be looking for is the use screen layout when supported
option. Check it and that should do it.

Tony