FW: [nvda-spl] SPL add-on 17.08.1 emergency patch is rolling out along with August 1st snapshots #addonrelease

Hi all,

If you are using SPL add-on, please read the below notice to the end and apply the emergency update at your earliest convenience (preferably prior to your next broadcast). Thanks.

From: nvda-spl@nvda-spl.groups.io [mailto:nvda-spl@nvda-spl.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2017 7:35 PM
To: nvda-spl@nvda-spl.groups.io
Subject: [nvda-spl] SPL add-on 17.08.1 emergency patch is rolling out along with August 1st snapshots #AddonRelease

Hi all,

SPL add-on 17.08.1 emergency patch and snapshot builds for August 1st are now rolling out (you’ll need to wait about half an hour for 17.08.1 to show up on stable channel). This update fixes the following:

  • Critical regression: NVDA will no longer fail to cause Studio to play the first track when an encoder is connected. The ultimate cause was a dispute between Windows API and a background task used to let Studio play the first track when the encoder is encoding. See https://github.com/josephsl/stationplaylist/issues/37 for details.

This fix is also applied to today’s Test Drive builds. As this is a critical update, I advise everyone (except those on 15.x LTS) to apply these updates (for various channels) as soon as possible (preferably prior to your next broadcast).

Cheers,

Joseph

Thanks Joseph.

I indeed do! use SPL, so I will grab this.

Chris.

---
Christopher Gilland

[...]

can I plrease get the links to the ltr add on as well?

I can't get that to download it gives me a 404 file not found am using station playlist studio 5.01 if memory serves
thanks
Hank

[...]

Hi,

Try:

http://www.josephsl.net/files/nvdaaddons/getupdate.php?file=spl-lts16

Note that the LTS version is in maintenance mode and the latest release is the second to last one to support Studio 5.01.

[...]

the lastest release being the 2017 add ons?

On 7/31/2017 8:21 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

[...]

15.8-LTS is the latest LTS release. There will be a 15.x release this fall that’ll be the end of line for the current LTS releases.