Topics

NVDA In-Process

Quentin Christensen

Hi everyone,

A new edition of NVDA's In-Process is up.  It features info on our new NVDA icon, no new sounds and inbuilt OCR for Windows 10.

Regards

Quentin.
--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

hi.
i study your link.
thanks extremely for your great news, God bless you and his infinite
mercy i pray for you every day and every night.

On 8/2/17, Quentin Christensen <quentin@nvaccess.org> wrote:
Hi everyone,

A new edition of NVDA's In-Process is up. It features info on our new NVDA
icon, no new sounds and inbuilt OCR for Windows 10.

https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-2nd-august-2017/

Regards

Quentin.
--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Ph +61 7 3149 3306
www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Quentin,

Wow, that's neat that windows 10 users won't have to have an OCR add-on now! Now if I come across a graphic on a web page, I'll be able to scan it without an add-on. Thanks so much for this update.

Rosemarie

A new edition of NVDA's In-Process is up.  It features info on our new NVDA icon, no new sounds and inbuilt OCR for Windows 10.

Regards

Quentin.

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

David Moore

Hi Quentin!

The NVDA sounds are great!

I am really excited about the OCR feature being right in NVDA itself, and it will take advantage of OCR that is already in Win10. This will really make it possible for people to even keep their job.

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Wow, that's neat that windows 10 users won't have to have an OCR add-on now! Now if I come across a graphic on a web page, I'll be able to scan it without an add-on. Thanks so much for this update.

Rosemarie

A new edition of NVDA's In-Process is up.  It features info on our new NVDA icon, no new sounds and inbuilt OCR for Windows 10.

Regards

Quentin.

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

New Icon?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

A new edition of NVDA's In-Process is up. It features info on our new NVDA
icon, no new sounds and inbuilt OCR for Windows 10.

https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-2nd-august-2017/

Regards

Quentin.
--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Ph +61 7 3149 3306
www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Quentin Christensen

The new icon is what appears visually in the system tray when NVDA is running, and what appears on the desktop or start menu if you have a shortcut to the program there.  It doesn't change anything NVDA reads, just how its launch icon image appears to sighted users.

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 6:12 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists@...> wrote:
New Icon?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@...>
A new edition of NVDA's In-Process is up.  It features info on our new NVDA
icon, no new sounds and inbuilt OCR for Windows 10.

https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-2nd-august-2017/

Regards

Quentin.
--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Ph +61 7 3149 3306
www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Could one ask why its been altered?

quentin@nvaccess.org>
A new edition of NVDA's In-Process is up. It features info on our new
NVDA
icon, no new sounds and inbuilt OCR for Windows 10.

https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-2nd-august-2017/

Regards

Quentin.
--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Ph +61 7 3149 3306
www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Ph +61 7 3149 3306
www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

What does the nvda image look like.

It doesn't matter to us, but if it is possible to invest in this, if we do have a visual logo for nvaccess maybe that should be the icon seen if we can get it at all.

Its not a big issue as such but if it can be done then it should be, for advertising purposes again I don't care but if we have a graphic logo then it should be easy enough to have it in an icon and that be shipped with the app.

On 3/08/2017 9:11 p.m., Quentin Christensen wrote:
[...]

The original icon was dark grey, which worked well on Windows XP which had a light taskbar / system tray.  Newer windows versions have moved to a darker taskbar / system tray making the icon very low contrast against it.  The new icon retains the overall logo shape but now in white on a purple background ensuring it will be just as visible no matter what background colour it is shown against.  Not the most important aspect of the program for most users certainly, but a tweak which both makes it look more modern and also fits in with the branding refresh we are undertaking a well.

regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 7:30 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists@...> wrote:
[...]

Good question.

The NVDA logo is different to the NV Access logo for several reasons.  Firstly, while NVDA is our main product and what we are known for, keeping the identity of the program separate to the identity of the company gives us scope to branch out into other projects in the future.

Secondly the NV Access logo is relatively complex, making it harder to shrink to something which is easily distinguishable in say a system tray icon.  The NVDA logo is described in the blog.  The NV Access logo will be described on the new site when it's live, for now it's in the e-mail I send out to certified experts.  Essentially it is a sunburst shape - like pointy sun with 16 points, inside that is a diamond with a circle in the middle.  The colours are purple, orange and turquoise.

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 8:01 PM, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> wrote:
[...]

John Hedges

I do like the new icon look. It is more similar to other apps and fits in Windows 10.

John

A new edition of NVDA's In-Process is up.  It features info on our new NVDA
icon, no new sounds and inbuilt OCR for Windows 10.

https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-2nd-august-2017/

Regards

Quentin.
--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Ph +61 7 3149 3306
www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Ah sounds a bit pukeworthy, but then I think that about a lot of softwaare when I see the colours its supposed to be using.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

A new edition of NVDA's In-Process is up. It features info on our new
NVDA
icon, no new sounds and inbuilt OCR for Windows 10.

https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-2nd-august-2017/

Regards

Quentin.
--