Sent: Monday, August 07, 2017 3:34 PM
Subject: [nvda] free programs for copying and moving folders

Hay I was looking for a good program for moving and copying files for
faster speed.  I use to use tera copy butt it no longer works with a
screen reader.  If any knows of a good and free copyer just let me know.

Bobby Vinton

Verry good idea butt I am using windows 10

On 8/7/2017 5:26 PM, Gene wrote:
Why not ask if someone has an older version of Tera Copy (spelling?  That way you can continue using it unless the older version won't work with the version of Windows you are using.

Sent: Monday, August 07, 2017 3:34 PM

Hay I was looking for a good program for moving and copying files for
faster speed.  I use to use tera copy butt it no longer works with a
screen reader.  If any knows of a good and free copyer just let me know.

Gene

Are you saying that earlier versions don't work in Windows 10?  Have you tried the last screen-reader compatible version?

Sent: Monday, August 07, 2017 4:28 PM

Sent: Monday, August 07, 2017 3:34 PM

Hay I was looking for a good program for moving and copying files for
faster speed.  I use to use tera copy butt it no longer works with a
screen reader.  If any knows of a good and free copyer just let me know.

Craig

Hi.
Windows or file explorer works well.

Hay I was looking for a good program for moving and copying files for faster speed. I use to use tera copy butt it no longer works with a screen reader. If any knows of a good and free copyer just let me know.

Bobby Vinton

Yes I did try one version back and still didn't work.

Sent: Monday, August 07, 2017 4:28 PM

Sent: Monday, August 07, 2017 3:34 PM

Hay I was looking for a good program for moving and copying files for
faster speed.  I use to use tera copy butt it no longer works with a
screen reader.  If any knows of a good and free copyer just let me know.

Bobby,

           Not knowing exactly what it is you typically do makes answering your question a bit difficult.

           I suggest you do three separate web searches, depending on whether you prefer the command line (option 1) or a GUI (options 2 & 3)
  1. Robocopy - command line utility that's been around forever and allows all sorts of copying
  2. Robocopy GUI - the RoboCopy command has been put into a GUI wrapper
  3. RichCopy, see this article:  https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/2009.04.utilityspotlight  sort of a "RoboCopy GUI on steroids"
None of these cost a thing.

            Niels Bohr

Gene

I saw that someone suggested using the Windows copy function.  Do you dislike it for some reason?  I gather there have been changes in recent versions of Windows but I don't know what they are.

Sent: Monday, August 07, 2017 5:16 PM

Sent: Monday, August 07, 2017 4:28 PM

Sent: Monday, August 07, 2017 3:34 PM

Hay I was looking for a good program for moving and copying files for
faster speed.  I use to use tera copy butt it no longer works with a
screen reader.  If any knows of a good and free copyer just let me know.

Bobby Vinton

I like using a program because is faster than the one on windows file explorer

Sent: Monday, August 07, 2017 5:16 PM

Sent: Monday, August 07, 2017 4:28 PM

Sent: Monday, August 07, 2017 3:34 PM

Hay I was looking for a good program for moving and copying files for
faster speed.  I use to use tera copy butt it no longer works with a
screen reader.  If any knows of a good and free copyer just let me know.

hi bobby.
i think you can use old versions of tera copy in windows ten in
compatibility mode.
you can find it using properties compatibility tab
just find its shortcut in the desktop, press application key and
activate properties and find compatibility tab and select the windows
version you need.
for example: you can select windows seven to the program works in
windows ten as in windows seven.
whats the last accessible version of this program for screen readers?
Hope that help and God bless you.

On 8/7/2017 5:31 PM, Gene wrote:
Are you saying that earlier versions don't work in Windows 10? Have
you tried the last screen-reader compatible version?

Hay I was looking for a good program for moving and copying files for
faster speed. I use to use tera copy butt it no longer works with a
screen reader. If any knows of a good and free copyer just let me
know.

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Chris Mullins

Windows itself is very good and you can use things like Robocopy to automate copying tasks.

Cheers
Chris

Hay I was looking for a good program for moving and copying files for faster speed. I use to use tera copy butt it no longer works with a screen reader. If any knows of a good and free copyer just let me know.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Although it may look clunky on screen, I often make copy rename and all of these things on a big scale using simple old batch files. The screen may look like a dogs dinner while its going on but its surprisingly powerful considering its vintage.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-