Win10 Essentials: NO sounds or Suggestions

Rob

Ever since upgrading to
Windows 10 App Essentials 20170809A-dev
there are no sounds or search suggestions given in the start menu. Previously, you heard a swooshing sound when you pressed the start button; and suggestions were given when you typed. This no longer occurs.
The windows version is
Microsoft Windows
Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.540)

Hi,
Are you perhaps using NVDA 2017.2? If so, you are not alone in this
situation: I have warned folks that they should switch to stable update
channel for a while until NVDA 2017.3 is released unless they are running
latest master or next NVDA snapshots. This is more so now on today's
snapshot (20170810_, as I've officially turned on live region change event
support throughout the add-on.
Cheers,
Joseph

Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:
Are you perhaps using NVDA 2017.2?
I have warned folks that they should switch to stable update
channel for a while until NVDA 2017.3 is released unless they are running
latest master or next NVDA snapshots.
Oh, I missed that warning, apologies.
i'll do that immediately.
Is there a way to downgrade the addon version?

Hi,
When you switch channels and check for updates, whatever the latest update
is out there will be offered to you (in case of stable, 17.08.1).
Okay, I'll make this official: anyone using NVDA 2017.2, please use stable
version of Windows 10 App Essentials until NVDA 2017.3 is released, as
current add-on development snapshots contain code that'll not work in prior
NVDA releases. The issue Rob has reported is because the swoosh sound you
would have heard when you search for things in Start menu is now part of
NVDA itself, starting from version 2017.3. In other words, I am the
developer who coded search suggestion sounds code in NVDA (along with fixing
repeated toast announcement bug) , which supports Gene's assertions from
earlier that features of some add-ons are being integrated into NVDA if NV
Access believes it'll benefit everyone. There are some interesting things NV
Access and the community (including I) are researching, which should make
NVDA more powerful and fun to use in the future, but as noted, sacrifices
must be made along the way.
Cheers,
Joseph