Vivaldi Web Browser

Raghavendra Janivarada

Hi NVDA Users,

Please check this browser specially made for visually impaired persons.

Up to what extend it is accessible for VI?

Is it fully compatible with NVDA?

Under Tools menue Captcha option is there.

Can we use it to solve captcha problems?

Kindly throw some light on it.

https://vivaldi.com/download/

Thanks

Raghu

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Rosemarie Chavarria

I haven't heard of this browser.

Please check this browser specially made for visually impaired persons.

Up to what extend it is accessible for VI?

Is it fully compatible with NVDA?

Under Tools menue Captcha option is there.

Can we use it to solve captcha problems?

Kindly throw some light on it.

https://vivaldi.com/download/

Thanks

Raghu

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Jacob Kruger

I'll try it out on captcha at some stage, but, while the web content handling seems to work fine with NVDA, it's interface isn't my style/choice otherwise - ctrl + D is meant to highlight address bar, but, doesn't seem to work properly, for example.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
On 2017-08-12 17:55, Raghavendra Janivarada wrote:

Hi NVDA Users,

Please check this browser specially made for visually impaired persons.

Up to what extend it is accessible for VI?

Is it fully compatible with NVDA?

Under Tools menue Captcha option is there.

Can we use it to solve captcha problems?

Kindly throw some light on it.

https://vivaldi.com/download/

Thanks

Raghu

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Gene

I've heard of it but I haven't useed it.  Aside from the specific question about captchas, when I see a specialized adaptive program when there are accessible standard programs used by sighted users, my question always is whether any functions are not available that are in the standard programs.  There are times when special programs are desirable but I've seen far too many instances of special programs not having features that standard accessible programs have.

Sent: Saturday, August 12, 2017 11:10 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Vivaldi Web Browser

I haven't heard of this browser.

Please check this browser specially made for visually impaired persons.

Up to what extend it is accessible for VI?

Is it fully compatible with NVDA?

Under Tools menue Captcha option is there.

Can we use it to solve captcha problems?

Kindly throw some light on it.

https://vivaldi.com/download/

Thanks

Raghu

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Chris

Where does it say its for visually impaired users?

I cant find any reference to it anywhere on their site

This browser isn't specifically designed for the blind, but many accessibillity features have been implemented that make it much more accessible.

On 8/12/2017 11:55, Raghavendra Janivarada wrote:

Hi NVDA Users,

Please check this browser specially made for visually impaired persons.

Up to what extend it is accessible for VI?

Is it fully compatible with NVDA?

Under Tools menue Captcha option is there.

Can we use it to solve captcha problems?

Kindly throw some light on it.

https://vivaldi.com/download/

Thanks

Raghu

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

What makes this good?

This browser isn't specifically designed for the blind, but many accessibillity features have been implemented that make it much more accessible.

On 8/12/2017 11:55, Raghavendra Janivarada wrote:

Hi NVDA Users,

Please check this browser specially made for visually impaired persons.

Up to what extend it is accessible for VI?

Is it fully compatible with NVDA?

Under Tools menue Captcha option is there.

Can we use it to solve captcha problems?

Kindly throw some light on it.

https://vivaldi.com/download/

Thanks

Raghu

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Andre Fisher

Persons should really try the browser for themselves instead of asking others about its accessibility or usability. The best opinion can only come from first hand experience with these things.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

This browser isn't specifically designed for the blind, but many accessibillity features have been implemented that make it much more accessible.

On 8/12/2017 11:55, Raghavendra Janivarada wrote:

Hi NVDA Users,

Please check this browser specially made for visually impaired persons.

Up to what extend it is accessible for VI?

Is it fully compatible with NVDA?

Under Tools menue Captcha option is there.

Can we use it to solve captcha problems?

Kindly throw some light on it.

https://vivaldi.com/download/

Thanks

Raghu

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

hi

as far as i know that browser is very useable unless things have changed. any browsers unless stated on the nvda road tested programs page unless it says it does not work should work.

I have not used the capture part of it though maybe some one else has.

Gene nz

On 13/08/2017 03:55, Raghavendra Janivarada wrote:

Hi NVDA Users,

Please check this browser specially made for visually impaired persons.

Up to what extend it is accessible for VI?

Is it fully compatible with NVDA?

Under Tools menue Captcha option is there.

Can we use it to solve captcha problems?

Kindly throw some light on it.

https://vivaldi.com/download/

Thanks

Raghu

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Well, this as I recall is a brainchild of the original programmers who made Opera. I also remember reading that for those with poor vision it can easily zoom change sizes of items and colour contrast and has keyboard shortcuts. What I'm not so sure about its whether it actually has an API that screenreaders can hook into. I guess one would need to download it and try.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Please check this browser specially made for visually impaired persons.
Up to what extend it is accessible for VI?
Is it fully compatible with NVDA?
Under Tools menue Captcha option is there.
Can we use it to solve captcha problems?
Kindly throw some light on it.
https://vivaldi.com/download/
Thanks
Raghu

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I don't see anything on the web site about ad blocking software.
I think that until the advertisers make adverts that do not break accessible web sites, we have to rely on these to actually keep access to most of the web nowadays.
[...]

Chris Mullins

Is Control+d a keystroke specific to this browser?  IE, Firefox, Edge and Chrome all use alt+d for this function.

Cheers

Chris

On 2017-08-12 17:55, Raghavendra Janivarada wrote:

Hi NVDA Users,

Please check this browser specially made for visually impaired persons.

Up to what extend it is accessible for VI?

Is it fully compatible with NVDA?

Under Tools menue Captcha option is there.

Can we use it to solve captcha problems?

Kindly throw some light on it.

https://vivaldi.com/download/

Thanks

Raghu

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Ron Canazzi

Hi Chris,

The keystrokes are a bit different.  Control + Shift + D opens the download interface.  Control + L is used to open a address.  Control + O opens a file on your system.  The F6 key toggle and the alt + D for address bar does not work.Although it doesn't say so under settings or I don't see it there, Control+ K opens the default search bar as in Firefox.

Hi NVDA Users,

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"