Please Another problem needing help

Sakina

Dear all,

I have just managed to update my window 10 creaters update as my turn came as I did check the version and it did happen from 1603 to 1703

I know very little but am learning.

Now the only problem I am encountering is that when I open my outlook to read my emails, it lets me read few and stops by saying that Microsoft has encountered a problem and will notify me if the solution is found. Press alt c to cancel

I then have to keep restarting my outlook again and again as it lets me read few more and cuts off.

I am still using Microsoft office 2003

All else is working fine.

Please I do not know what Gene and Rosmary are talking about installing and un installing this stable version

If that is my problem, can someone help me with step by step instructions please.

I hope the above does make sense in explaining myself.

Thanking you all again.

With many regards always

Sakina

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Hi I don't have Windows 10 here, but if you only have this old version of Outlook and wish to continue using it, unless somebody else here can say it still works for them, you may only have two choices.
2 find another email program that works. I know that officially Microsoft do not support Office software prior to 2007 for Windows 10, so 2003, although, in my view a [perfectly usable set of programs, might not have been checked with the new code in the latest windows 10 update.
Anyone out there using Outlook 2003 on the latest incarnation of Windows 10.

Most people I know are using the newer versions of Outlook the ones with the ribbons.

Otherwise Sakina could try a search for Outlook crashing in windows 10 and see if its happening to anyone else. but its early days yet and from past experience it could take ages to find somebody with the same software combination.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

[...]

Raghavendra Janivarada

You may try default mail app on Win10. It works perfect.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

Tony Ballou

Hi Sakina,

I have to follow this thread more closely to see what is going on, however, I will try to help you if I can.

Tony

On 8/12/2017 3:54 PM, Sakina wrote:

[...]

Another list member suggested using a different e-mail program.  the message you are getting is because Outlook is crashing and you get that message every time.  The most likely explanation is that there is something in the update of Windows that is causing the problem.  I haven't used the Windows 10 app and I don't know if it is your best option.

One possibility is to try running Outlook in compatibility mode.  I don't know enough about it to comment further but that is probably the first thing to try.

If that fails, you may want to consider other programs.  If you are using a POP3 account, the Windows 10 app doesn't support POP3.  You will have to use IMAP.  I don't know enough about IMAP to comment on it.

I can tell you that if you are using POP and want to continue using it, you can use either Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail.

Is there any reason you are using Outlook or are you just using it because you have useed it for a long time?

[...]

If you are using malware bytes on your system, and the version is prior to version 3.1.2, try to update that and see if things work.  I cannot promise that they will though. If not, you may have to either migrate to a different email client such as windows live mail or Mozilla thunderbird which supports both the IMAP and Pop3 protocols; or  roll windows 10 back to version 16.07 and hope that gets outlook 2003 working again. Keep us posted on things are going.

[...]

Friend, sorry to interrupt you. Mail app supports both IMAP and POP.

[...]

Dear friend,

Please I am not too technically clever and just stick to basics of what I know.

How do I go about trying this default mail you are suggesting.

Are there steps you can send me to see if it cures the problem

Many thank you

Sakina

Please

[...]

Dear Gene,

Please Gene, as I have explained that I lack technical knowledge and carry on the basics that I know to enjoy going on my computer.

How can I try running Outlook in compatibility mode?  I do not know even how to go back to 1603 and was feeling very proud to have successfully upgraded to 1703

Also I do not think I will know how to change from outlook as I have been on it from day one.

Hope you will be able to help.

Thank you all so much.

Plus friends, if I do not reply instantly , I apologise as I am not quick with my actions. I will however come back always

[...]

That's good.  I had seen on this or another list, that it doesn't but that information may have been incorrect.

Sent: Sunday, August 13, 2017 8:40 AM

[...]

Hello tony,

Please how do I check what

malware bytes I am using on my system, and the version? I will appreciate instructions and than I can write back the answer.

Thank you very much and looking for an answer.

Thank you all again.

With many regards

[...]

Bring up malware bytes and if it tells you that there is an update available to the latest version and asks you if you want to install it, say yes, and let it do its thing.  Then, after it completes, test outlook 2003 to see if it works properly. If it works, then you will be in business, if it still gives you trouble, please let us know and we'll try to work something else out.

All the best,

Tony

On 8/13/2017 11:31 AM, Sakina wrote:

[...]

I think I said that I don't know how to do this in Windows 10.  I offered the suggestion so that others could tell you if you want to try it.  We'll see what list members say.

[...]

If someone is using the free version of malware bytes that doesn't have real time protection, where the program only runs when you tell it to do a scan, it shouldn't matter what version is being used.

[...]

Richard Kuzma

Question ,

What version of outlook are you using,

Also, I believe if you right click on it and go to properties,

One of the tabs for the icon is compatability mode or something like that.

It is in there that you change it.

Let me know if you need anything else and I will try and help out.

Rich

[...]

Chris Mullins

What version of Outlook are you on?  I have 2007 and on the Help menu there is an Office Diagnostics utility that you can run to check for problems in Office products on your machine.  This may give you some additional information.

Cheers

Chris

[...]

Its 2003, I don't have this old a version but really suspect the older display code not being supported well in the latest windows 10??
[...]

gn=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient> Image removed by sender.

Virus-free.
gn=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient> www.avast.com

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I don't think you have malwarebytes, do you?