accessible internet speedtests

Arlene

Hi list: Is there any accessible web sites that have internet speed tests both in Canada and the US? The one for shaw is not very accessible  thanks. and have a good day.

Matt Turner

On 8/14/2017 5:51 PM, Arlene wrote:

Hi list: Is there any accessible web sites that have internet speed tests both in Canada and the US? The one for shaw is not very accessible  thanks. and have a good day.

Arlene

Thanks. I’ll check it out!

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Matt Turner
Sent: August-14-17 3:22 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] accessible internet speedtests

http://beta.speedtest.net/

On 8/14/2017 5:51 PM, Arlene wrote:

Scott VanDeWalle

Hello Arlene.

There are a few I know of that are pretty simple and easy to use.

One is

www.fast.com

and the other one is

www.speedtest.net

I hope this helps you.

Scott

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Monday, August 14, 2017 5:51 PM
Subject: [nvda] accessible internet speedtests

David Goldfield

Hello.

Another very accessible Internet speed test is from Comcast

http://speedtest.xfinity.com

speedtest.xfinity.com
XFINITY Speed Test tests your Internet connection speed.

When using this with NVDA, you'll receive the most accessible experience when using Firefox. You don't need to be a Comcast subscriber in order to use it. No account creation is required. Just open the link and look for the button to begin the test. I think that the accessibility will delight you.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Scott VanDeWalle <scottvandewalle2@...>
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2017 7:52 PM

Hello Arlene.

One is

www.fast.com

and the other one is

www.speedtest.net

www.speedtest.net
Bandwidth test where one can choose among hundreds of geographically dispersed servers around the world. Also shows a summary of one's tests and also the tests by ...

I hope this helps you.

Scott

Michael Capelle <mcapelle@...>

i highly recommend:
http://beta.speedtest.net/

Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 7:28 AM

Hello.

speedtest.xfinity.com

When using this with NVDA, you'll receive the most accessible experience when using Firefox. You don't need to be a Comcast subscriber in order to use it. No account creation is required. Just open the link and look for the button to begin the test. I think that the accessibility will delight you.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Scott VanDeWalle <scottvandewalle2@...>

Hello Arlene.

One is

www.fast.com

and the other one is

www.speedtest.net

www.speedtest.net
Bandwidth test where one can choose among hundreds of geographically dispersed servers around the world. Also shows a summary of one's tests and also the tests by ...

I hope this helps you.

Scott

Arlene

Thanks. I wanted a website that would do both Canada and the United states. I don’t think concast would allow Canadians to use the site. Thanks for the suggestion.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Goldfield
Sent: August-15-17 5:29 AM

Hello.

speedtest.xfinity.com

Hello Arlene.

One is

www.fast.com

and the other one is

www.speedtest.net

I hope this helps you.

Scott

David Goldfield

Arlene,

You may be correct. However, if you have the time and/or the interest I'd be curious to know if the speed test works for Canadian users.

If you decide to try it, would you let me know?

David

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Arlene <nedster66@...>
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 1:17 PM

Thanks. I wanted a website that would do both Canada and the United states. I don’t think concast would allow Canadians to use the site. Thanks for the suggestion.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Goldfield

Hello.

speedtest.xfinity.com

Hello Arlene.

One is

www.fast.com

and the other one is

www.speedtest.net

I hope this helps you.

Scott

Arlene

I’ll go try it right now! I don’t know if it will work!

Sent: August-15-17 10:29 AM

Arlene,

You may be correct. However, if you have the time and/or the interest I'd be curious to know if the speed test works for Canadian users.

David

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Arlene <nedster66@...>

Hello.

speedtest.xfinity.com

Hello Arlene.

One is

www.fast.com

and the other one is

www.speedtest.net

I hope this helps you.

Scott

Arlene

David! It worked! Here are the results!  It was accessible!

Test your

Internet Speed

Start Test

Mbps

0% complete

·        Latency:96 -- ms

·        Secaucus, NJ

Download Speed

24.22 -- Mbps

Upload Speed

13.12 -- Mbps

Let's test your Internet speed

The Xfinity Speed Test will show you the download and upload speeds from our speed test servers to your device.

Learn about the things that may affect your test results

Speed Results

Download Speed

24.22 -- Mbps

Upload Speed

13.12 -- Mbps

Latency

96 ms

-- ms

Protocol

IPv4

Host

Secaucus, NJ

Technical limits on Ethernet ports may affect your speed test results.

Learn about the things that may affect your test results.

Arlene,

David

Hello.

speedtest.xfinity.com

Hello Arlene.

One is

www.fast.com

and the other one is

www.speedtest.net

I hope this helps you.

Scott

Arlene

Pretty good for an old windows 7. On our new cable provider called Shaw the site is not very accessible. I’m on a two gigahertz it wont go to the 5. I’m going to need a new computer.  Thanks for this wonderful site!

Arlene,

David

Hello.

speedtest.xfinity.com

Hello Arlene.

One is

www.fast.com

and the other one is

www.speedtest.net

I hope this helps you.

Scott

Arlene

This is a keeper. Thanks! saved it to my drafts! Thanks for others who provided sites.

Arlene,

David

Hello.

speedtest.xfinity.com

Hello Arlene.

One is

www.fast.com

and the other one is

www.speedtest.net

I hope this helps you.

Scott