From: "Darren Tomblin" <dtomblin@hotmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 6:40 AM
Subject: [nvda] office365

Hi, I have a couple questions. when I bought my laptop several years ago
it came with office 2007 i'm thinking about unistalling it and putting
office365 on it. I was wondering if this would break nvda since reading
some posts on here. where do I go to install 365 is in the store. thanks

--
73,
Darren Tomblin(KC9JJJ)

Darren Tomblin

because the 2007 is a trial version I never activated it and i've
already paid for 365 just haven't gotten around to installing it until now

On 8/15/2017 3:37 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Why do you want to install the new product? To be honest the old
adage, if its not broken don't fix it comes to mind. New lamps for old
may be alluring, but ask yourself if you will use any of the new bits
and indeed whether you want to tie yourself into paid updates of a new
version.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
----- Original Message ----- From: "Darren Tomblin"
<dtomblin@hotmail.com>
Hi, I have a couple questions. when I bought my laptop several years ago
it came with office 2007 i'm thinking about unistalling it and putting
office365 on it. I was wondering if this would break nvda since reading
some posts on here. where do I go to install 365 is in the store. thanks

--
73,
Darren Tomblin(KC9JJJ)

--
73,
Darren Tomblin(KC9JJJ)

Quentin Christensen

Office 365 (Which will install Office 2016 currently) works well with NVDA.  There are a few things that are different.  A number of things that did use dialog boxes in Office 2007 now use the task pane in Office 2016.  Basically if you start something (eg press F7 for spell check) and it doesn't automatically open a dialog, it probably opened a task pane.  When you open a task pane, the focus often stays in the document and you need to press F6 to move to the task pane.

Office 2016 starts at a start screen where you can access recent documents and templates, and also when you go to save or open it doesn't go straight to the dialog, it takes you to a file menu pane (called the "Backstage" in the options).  You can disable both of these in the options in Word.

We've got training modules now available for both Word and Excel which cover Office 2010 - 2016 which will walk you through all of the features of those programs.  See https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/ for info on those.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
73,
Darren Tomblin(KC9JJJ)

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

So are you getting rid of your office 2007 and do you have a key for it as such?

If you do I may be interested in buying it from you email me off list if you do.

On 15/08/2017 5:40 p.m., Darren Tomblin wrote:
Hi, I have a couple questions. when I bought my laptop several years ago
it came with office 2007 i'm thinking about unistalling it and putting
office365 on it. I was wondering if this would break nvda since reading
some posts on here. where do I go to install 365 is in the store. thanks

The only reason I'd actually use anything over office 2010 would be cloud access to be honest.

Office 2007 is a ribboned menu similar to normal office 2003 but with a few ribbons, however some apps like outlook still have menus.

I am not going subscription, however as I said if you have a legal licence and its yours, then if you want the latest and greatest I may want your old licence for a family member or myself now I can't exactly afford full price but, however what brian is saying is right.

2010 office is all ribbons, and its fine ish.

2013 is the first system with cloud support and 2016 is a beribboned monster.

The only reason I'd support higher office to be honest on the systems I have it on is that its got onedrive and with a plugin google drive support.

On 15/08/2017 7:37 p.m., Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

.

AAh I have always killed the trials, they are oem and you need to buy their licences.

I'd just remove 2007, then run and install 365 and it will do what it does.

Even if something breaks and it did with all the unregistered dlls a reinstall of the latest office and things were fine.

On 15/08/2017 9:05 p.m., Darren Tomblin wrote:
[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

well the question then is, will the uninstall of 2007, unregister the dll files. Unfortunately, its how long is a piece of string time again. mybe, maybe not. Set a restore point and make a back up just in case. However there are fixes as has been mentioned.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Hi, I have a couple questions. when I bought my laptop several years ago
it came with office 2007 i'm thinking about unistalling it and putting
office365 on it. I was wondering if this would break nvda since reading
some posts on here. where do I go to install 365 is in the store. thanks

--
73,
Darren Tomblin(KC9JJJ)

--
73,
Darren Tomblin(KC9JJJ)

probably not but if it does, as soon as you install the latest office it will put them back.

On 16/08/2017 4:01 a.m., Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

slery <slerythema@...>

I agree. Since your version is not very old, I would personally stick with
it until it no longer works for you. When I made the switch, it was from
2002. I was having issues that all seemed to go back to some compatibility
problems. We chose 365 this time because it was cheaper to have both out
look and access plus the ability to install on up to five computers.
Cindy

On August 15, 2017 3:38:00 AM "Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io"