NVDA doesn't save voice settings when closed

Gene

I'll provide a posssible solution to your problem.  I changed the subject line because it is the same subject line as the previous thread. 

NVDA is set, by default to save any changed setting when it closes. For some reason, yours isn't.  This may be because you changed an NVDA setting or it may be some other problem.  After you change the settings, use the command NVDA key control c to save the settings.  You would do this after you activate the ok button.  Then, see what happens when you close and run NVDA again.

Gene 
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 2:37 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] query

Hi list

Can somebody explain to me why when I exit n v d a and upload it again it doesn’t keep the voice settings plese?

Thanks in advance

Anthony

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Peter Beasley
Sent: 15 August 2017 21:23
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: query

Personally, I think the sleep mode works better

because if you move to another window wile Kurzweil 1000 is still running, nvda comes back without haveng to turn speach mode on.

Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 8:10 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] silencing nvda while using kurzweil 1000

Yes, that worked, the speech mode toggle. Thanks.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gerardo Corripio
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 12:44 PM

Some years ago, I asked this same question, and I was given some lines of text to write, but for the life of me, can't remember where or how, but since then, when using kurzweil1000 with NVDA, NVDA doesn't talk. I think i saved the file with a certain name, but for the life of me, can't remember how this was done.

El 15/08/2017 a las 01:23 p.m., Arlene escribió:

Oh! I’ll have to give that a try!

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Peter Beasley
Sent: August-15-17 11:19 AM

Put nvda to sleep by holding down the insert and control keys and press the letter S.

Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 12:00 PM

Subject: [nvda] silencing nvda while using kurzweil 1000

Hi, is there a way to silence nvda while using an independent speech program like Kurzweil 1000? That way I don’t have two eloquence synths going at once? Which is kind of psychedelic sounding but not very productive.

Thanks, Dave

-- 
Gera
Enviado desde Thunderbird