Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 6:37 PM
Subject: [nvda] Issues with NVDA after updating to Windows 10

Hi all,

I updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 yesterday, and am having 2 issues:
1. NVDA no loger activates browse mode in Google Chrome (latest version). This was working fine on Win 7 yesterday, but now even the NVDA+Space command does not allow me to enter browse mode. Firefox is working fine.
2. I'm no longer able to use the editor in the Eclipse IDE. NVDA doesn't read any of the contents of the editor, and nothing is spoken when I use the arrow keys or any other navigation commands.

I have Windows 10 on another computer and can confirm the Eclipse editor works fine there, so I have no idea what's going on here. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Michael Forzano

That seems to have fixed it. Thanks for the help!

It didn't occur to me that a reinstall would be necessary since all of
my other apps worked fine after the update. Perhaps it should be added
to the documentation somewhere.

Mike

Try uninstalling and reinstalling NVDA. According to comments I saw hear
early during the Windows 10 introduction, that should be done when upgrading
to Windows 10. See if that solves the problems.
Gene
I updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 yesterday, and am having 2 issues:
1. NVDA no loger activates browse mode in Google Chrome (latest version).
This was working fine on Win 7 yesterday, but now even the NVDA+Space
command does not allow me to enter browse mode. Firefox is working fine.
2. I'm no longer able to use the editor in the Eclipse IDE. NVDA doesn't
read any of the contents of the editor, and nothing is spoken when I use the
arrow keys or any other navigation commands.

I have Windows 10 on another computer and can confirm the Eclipse editor
works fine there, so I have no idea what's going on here. Any pointers would
be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Gene

That's good.  We'll see what the developers say about where it is documented, if it is.

Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 10:28 PM

On 8/16/17, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
> Try uninstalling and reinstalling NVDA.  According to comments I saw hear
> early during the Windows 10 introduction, that should be done when upgrading
> to Windows 10.  See if that solves the problems.
> Gene

Quentin Christensen

I remember NVDA working fine when I upgraded (early on).  Maybe something is different if upgrading now though?

Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 10:28 PM

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Alexander Masic

Always when i do major updates like this you did. I always reinstall all aplications i am using. MS, screenreader and stuff. Yes, it takes plenty of time, But on other hand i can often sit beside when people have issues after utdate. It take longer time during the installation. but on a long term i belive I am the winner.

Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 10:28 PM

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Gene

You shouldn't have to reinstall all sorts of applications.  whenever this sort of problem has come up, only a reinstallation of NVDA was necessary.  If you install  all sorts of applications when you have no evidence that there are problems with them, you are doing a lot of work that has no basis in evidence.  People routinely have updated Windows when service packs used to be provided and they didn't reinstall programs in general.

Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 10:28 PM

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

David Diamond

I’ve had no issues when installing NVDA on my windows 10 computer.

Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 10:28 PM

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Well I don't and have had little trouble. It does pay, however to keep system restore points before an update just in case.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Ph +61 7 3149 3306 <tel:%2B61%207%203149%203306>
Twitter: @NVAccess

Chris Mullins

Have you also installed the Windows 10 App Essentials add-on?

Cheers
Chris