A QUESTION

Christo Vorster

Hi Group

Years ago I used Supernova and found it a very usable program. With Supernova, and JAWS it was possible to name buttons.

Is there a similar function, if not, would it be possible to incorporate such function in NVDA?

It would be fantastic if it might be possible.

Regards

Christo Vorster (South Africa)

Christo Vorster

Dosent: Kaleidoskoop Opleiding

Lecturer: Kaleidoscope Training

T: 023 348 7634

C: 079 512 2856

F: 023 348 7633

E: christo@...

W: www.kaleidoscopesa.org

Adderleystraat 20 Adderley Street

Posbus 233 P.O. Box, Worcester, 6849

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I think I saw an add on that was supposed to do this, but I'm not sure how useful it is in web sites etc.
Presumably it needs unique identifiers.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

E: <mailto:christo@training-kaleidoscopesa.org>
christo@training-kaleidoscopesa.org

W: <http://www.kaleidoscopesa.org/> www.kaleidoscopesa.org

Adderleystraat 20 Adderley Street

Posbus 233 P.O. Box, Worcester, 6849

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

At present there is no graphics labeler in NVDA.

Is the idea to locate some thing that is not labeled? then give it a name.

the closest thing that would come to mind is the golden cursor it is a add on.

What it actually done was i had a scanner program which was in accessible unless you used a mouse to get to those parts. it allowed me to move the mouse to any position on the screen and then i was able to give it a name then save the position in different parts of the screen i marked. When i then went back into that program i could bring up the list and move the mouse straight to that position.

Then i could get it to scan etc. But i do not think this would do the job? I have found this add on quite useful and have not come across much unlabled stuff.

My self i hope they would put one in as i have a android phone and use the graphics labeler on that from time to time the same i got told is in apple phones jaws has it and windows eyes? if i remember right.

I know there was some work done on it a while ago but do not know what happened to it.

Gene nz