From: nvda-translations-bounce@freelists.org [mailto:nvda-translations-bounce@freelists.org] On Behalf Of Michael Curran
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2017 1:08 PM
To: NVDA screen reader development <nvda-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>; nvda-translations@freelists.org
Subject: [nvda-translations] NVDA 2017.3 released

Hi all,

NVDA 2017.3 has just been released.

The announcement including links to the download and What's new can be found at:

https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2017-3-now-available-for-download/

thank you as always for all your invaluable contributions!

Mick

Michael Curran
Executive Director, NV Access Limited
PH: +61 7 3149 3306
www: http://www.nvaccess.org/
Twitter: @NVAccess

Wow its out this morning, good.

I will be out all afternoon and its always crazy at nights here.

I got the impression though yesterday that it would be out tomorrow night.

Nice to see it out.

I have just updated everything.

On 25/08/2017 8:15 a.m., Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Let the party begin!!! Enjoy the new release.
On behalf of contributors for this release, I thank you all for your valuable feedback, suggestions, bug reports and other comments.
Cheers,
Joseph

The announcement including links to the download and What's new can be found at:

https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2017-3-now-available-for-download/

thank you as always for all your invaluable contributions!

Mick

Michael Curran
Executive Director, NV Access Limited
PH: +61 7 3149 3306
www: http://www.nvaccess.org/
Twitter: @NVAccess

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

It will be interesting to see if the couple of people with the issue with Firefox on here that most of us cannot duplicate is still there. If it is I think somebody should talk to these people by email and see if some obvious answer can be obtained. it has to be something in nvda that has changed between the last version and this one coupled with some specific issue on those computers. Its obvious from what we have seen here that its not just the simple non registration of DLL files bug, or the use of beta versions of Firefox. However there has to be something that makes these installations different to everyone elses.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

The announcement including links to the download and What's new can be found at:

https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2017-3-now-available-for-download/

thank you as always for all your invaluable contributions!

Mick

Michael Curran
Executive Director, NV Access Limited
PH: +61 7 3149 3306
www: http://www.nvaccess.org/
Twitter: @NVAccess

Kevin Cussick

Hi, the firefox problem was still there, but I did some testing and after a bit of mucking about it seems that once I did the update it broke the firefox profile I deleted it and it is working well now. this was a bigger problem for me because I use my own portable install with all addons. and the broken ff profile was in the installer fixed now. but I wonder if the new nvda renders web pages a little differently from the last stable version? as each time I reverted back to stable version it just worked but anyway all fixed now.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@gmail.com>
The announcement including links to the download and What's new can be found at:
https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2017-3-now-available-for-download/
thank you as always for all your invaluable contributions!
Mick
Michael Curran
Executive Director, NV Access Limited
PH: +61 7 3149 3306
www: http://www.nvaccess.org/
Twitter: @NVAccess

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

It appears the problem was that when nvda was restarted with firefox running part of the accessibility system could no longer get access to the routines as Firefox had locked them down. the answer is to reboot firefox when this happens. I think the devs are looking for a way around it, but in the end it may need Firefox to fix something. its hard to follow as there are at least three interconnected tickets and some of the problems also affect Thunderbird as the same basic code is in both.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

The announcement including links to the download and What's new can be found at:

https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2017-3-now-available-for-download/

thank you as always for all your invaluable contributions!

Mick

Michael Curran
Executive Director, NV Access Limited
PH: +61 7 3149 3306
www: http://www.nvaccess.org/
Twitter: @NVAccess

Kevin Cussick

well for me the problem is at this time solved.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io" <the.big.white.shepherd=googlemail.com@groups.io>