Roger Stewart

The Adobe Reader is still around and is still free. I also like PDF2txt as well.

Roger

On 8/26/2017 1:28 PM, Bobby Vinton wrote:
hay I was wondering if any of you know of a good program for reading and opening PDF files. I don't know if adobe still works or if you have to pay for it. Just let me know.

Chris Mullins

Acrobat Reader DC is very good,it's free and they have put some effort into accessibility.

Cheers
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bobby Vinton
Sent: 26 August 2017 19:28
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] a good program for reading pdf files

hay I was wondering if any of you know of a good program for reading and opening PDF files. I don't know if adobe still works or if you have to pay for it. Just let me know.

Adobe dc works still for free.

There are a lot of cloud apps now days for adobe the reader is still the reader.

codex still exists and balabolka.

Technically ocr software like abbyy 14 works but I never got it to be accessible in that reguard.

On 27/08/2017 6:28 a.m., Bobby Vinton wrote:
hay I was wondering if any of you know of a good program for reading and opening PDF files.  I don't know if adobe still works or if you have to pay for it.  Just let me know.

.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Adobe reader is still free.
Its not so much the reading of them that is the main issue, its the attitude and knowledge of those making pdfs that has to change.
All too often files are untagged for changes in reading order, say when different numbers of columns exist through the document or in some cases people simply scan in a picture of text and make the whole pdf an unreadable document without eyes, and often its so badly scanned that OCR makes it into Klingon.

If you want a text based pdf reader, you could do far worse than the one on the webbie web site. It just works. It has no way to correct for the madness of the file creator though....
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

hay I was wondering if any of you know of a good program for reading and opening PDF files. I don't know if adobe still works or if you have to pay for it. Just let me know.

Sam Bushman

I use DocuScan Plus.
It wil do OCR on the fly and seems to work quite well.
Sam