From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Holger Fiallo
Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2017 1:36 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] skype

Question. Is skype free. I have skype for a long time since it came out and it was free. I had not used it for a while. I went to check it and now there are no menu accessibility setting. Using NVDA curren, W10. Help.
Holger Fiallo

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

If you are using windows 10 you will have the app version that you probably see now.

Grab the desk top version from i think it is skype.com that version has the menus.

Gene nz

On 27/08/2017 08:36, Holger Fiallo wrote:

Question. Is skype free. I have skype for a long time since it came out and it was free. I had not used it for a while. I went to check it and now there are no menu accessibility setting. Using NVDA curren, W10. Help.
Holger Fiallo

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Its increasingly being integrated into Windows, as its now owned by Microsoft, so I guess its as free as that to get the integrated version you buy windows. However because it has versions running on other platforms and stand alone desktop versions if it was not free I think there would be a major outcry now.
I do feel however that its sound quality is worse than it was. It keeps kind of ducking the volume at crucial times. many other systems seem to do a better job these days, but I'm not really into this for any other reason than just to see is it works.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Question. Is skype free. I have skype for a long time since it came out and
it was free. I had not used it for a while. I went to check it and now there
are no menu accessibility setting. Using NVDA curren, W10. Help.
Holger Fiallo

Holger Fiallo <hfiallo@...>

Thanks. I figure out the problem.

Question. Is skype free. I have skype for a long time since it came out
and
it was free. I had not used it for a while. I went to check it and now
there
are no menu accessibility setting. Using NVDA curren, W10. Help.
Holger Fiallo

hi.
i am sure that usual skype is free, i use it every day.
but i dont know about skype which is windows ten or about skype that
is called skype for business.

Thanks. I figure out the problem.

Question. Is skype free. I have skype for a long time since it came out
and
it was free. I had not used it for a while. I went to check it and now
there
are no menu accessibility setting. Using NVDA curren, W10. Help.
Holger Fiallo

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Lino Morales

Always has been always will.

On 8/26/2017 4:36 PM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

Question. Is skype free. I have skype for a long time since it came out and it was free. I had not used it for a while. I went to check it and now there are no menu accessibility setting. Using NVDA curren, W10. Help.
Holger Fiallo

If you kill the app version windows won't prompt you to use it.

Its a pitty the app version is not accessible on that note, skype is entering a new preview stage with modifications to make it more app like, what interests me is that they obviously see a future in skype desktop because they are keeping it.

--
[Image NVDA certified expert]

Its not that bad, just don't run it in a bad wireless saturation signal whatsapp does slightly better but get good connections both ends and it works well enough.

Saying that having the right amp helps.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rosemarie Chavarria" <knitqueen2007@gmail.com>