can't get abbyy fine reader to work

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, everyone,

I wanted to try to scan a letter I received in the mail today but when I hit enter to open abbyy fine reader, I got a message saying it would be terminated. How do I set it up to make it work?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

anthony borg

Hi rosemarie

If you manage to set up abbyy fine reader, can you please tell me from where I can download i?

Because it seems very useful.

Thanks in advance

Anthony

I wanted to try to scan a letter I received in the mail today but when I hit enter to open abbyy fine reader, I got a message saying it would be terminated. How do I set it up to make it work?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Gene

Are you willing to pay for it?

Gene

I wanted to try to scan a letter I received in the mail today but when I hit enter to open abbyy fine reader, I got a message saying it would be terminated. How do I set it up to make it work?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Anthony,

Try googling for it. I don't know the exact site where you can get it.

Rosemarie

I wanted to try to scan a letter I received in the mail today but when I hit enter to open abbyy fine reader, I got a message saying it would be terminated. How do I set it up to make it work?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

anthony borg

Ok thanks rosemarie.

Try googling for it. I don't know the exact site where you can get it.

Rosemarie

I wanted to try to scan a letter I received in the mail today but when I hit enter to open abbyy fine reader, I got a message saying it would be terminated. How do I set it up to make it work?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Giles Turnbull

I had no problem setting up ABBYY and using it to scan PDFs or jpg images. I originally used a cracked copy of the program I found on ThePirateBay, but eventually purchased a legal copy, which cost me £99 I think.

After I installed the legal copy I ran into a problem similar to the one you described. It opened a document for OCR fine, but when it tried to output it to a Word document it crashed. I asked their tech support for advice, and they suggested simply reinstalling it, which I did and it's worked fine ever since.

I've never tried scanning and OCRing using ABBYY, but I've got a new scanner arriving next week so will hopefully give it a whirl :)

Yes, £99 or the dollar equivalent is quite pricey, but I find it the best OCR conversion tool I've got. I bought the KNFB Reader recently while it was on offer, and find ABBYY easier to use.

Here's the link to the Finereader program, and I notive that the price for version 14 is now £169, which I'd probably have been reluctant to pay when I bought my copy!
https://www.abbyy.com/en-eu/finereader/

Giles

Rosemarie Chavarria

I'll probably have to reinstall my copy too. It came with the printer software I have.

[...]

Mohib Anwar Rafay

I am also using ABBYY fine reader in my thinkpad machine. but when I
start scan repeatedly, there is no way to stop it, except unplugging
it from the main electric socket.

--
Mohib Anwar Rafay

Phone: +919 555 555 765

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I don't think its all that expensive is it? Of course one would need to know the interface was accessible before one committed to buying it, otherwise it would be daft. do they have a time limited demo?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-