De: Donald Moore via Groups.Io
Data: 1 de setembro de 2017 13:21
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: [nvda] Question From A Newbie?

Could one of you good folks explain how to get to the NVDA documentation?

Thanks in advance!

hi.
you can use nvda menu, help, then you can find many tutorials, like
whats new, Commands Quick Reference and users guide.
hope that help, God bless you!

On 9/1/17, Rui Fontes <rui.fontes@tiflotecnia.com> wrote:
NVDA menu, Help.

Rui

Could one of you good folks explain how to get to the NVDA documentation?

Thanks in advance!

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Chris Mullins

Forgive me if you already know this but we normally refer to the NVDA
modifier key, the key that identifies a keypress as a NVDA command, as the
NVDAKey or just NVDA when describing commands. Depending on how your
computer is configured, this key is the Insert key on the numeric keypad of
a fullsize keyboard(with numlock off) known as desktop layout and the
capslock key when in laptop layout. In addition you can also set other keys
to be NVDA modifiers as well as the default keys for the layouts mentioned.
Use NVDA+n to open the NVDA menu and find the documentation under the help
sub-menu. Press NVDA+control+k to open the Keyboard settings where you can
set the modifier keys.

Cheers
Chris

Could one of you good folks explain how to get to the NVDA documentation?

Thanks in advance!

Donald Moore <don.moore48@...>

Thanks so much. So easy with the right key stroke!!

Could one of you good folks explain how to get to the NVDA documentation?

Thanks in advance!

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Your insert key or what you have set up as the nvda key, and n, then find help and its all on there.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Could one of you good folks explain how to get to the NVDA documentation?

Thanks in advance!

Quentin Christensen

Hi Donald,

Looks like everyone else has got you sorted with the help documentation, and do feel free to post any more questions you come up with!

I mostly thought I'd chime in with a quick "ad" for the official "Basic Training for NVDA" which is a book (available in electronic text, audio or Braille) designed to walk you through the features of NVDA with extra explanation as well as activities each step of the way.

It's available from: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

And its not expensive by the looks of it.
However could I suggest that some people find it nice to open the docs in a browser other than default using a small batch file that specifies the browser and the path and file name of the user guide. the good thing about this is that its always open and not overwritten by the default browser, though I suspect using tabbed browsing might manage the same task.

http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess