ripping DVDs accessible with NVDA

Dan Beaver

Hi,

I have been using FreemakeVC to rip our DVDs but it seems to be losing effectiveness as time goes.

Does anyone else know of an accessible way to do this using NVDA?  I am hoping for freeware tools being on a limited budget.

I want to  be able to rip DBDs to save them so grandchildren do not destroy the disks, extract movies/episodes so we can drop them on a jump drive to play on our TV that supports these.

Any ideas?

Dan Beaver

Lino Morales

I don't have the answer, but you need to consider whatever software you do happen to use that's accessible might throw you a curve ball. A lot of movies on DVD have DRM protections in place. If you own DVD's that have a digital copy by all means save that on your PC. Spank their butts if they distroy anything of yours. Your the gramps remember? LOL!

On 9/1/2017 12:24 PM, Dan Beaver wrote:

Hi,

I have been using FreemakeVC to rip our DVDs but it seems to be losing effectiveness as time goes.

Does anyone else know of an accessible way to do this using NVDA?  I am hoping for freeware tools being on a limited budget.

I want to  be able to rip DBDs to save them so grandchildren do not destroy the disks, extract movies/episodes so we can drop them on a jump drive to play on our TV that supports these.

Any ideas?

Dan Beaver

Dmitriy <dlazarev86@...>

When I was into making DVD’s out of video files, I used DVDFlick for makingVideo_TS files and Nero Burning ROM for burning them onto DVD’s.

For ripping discs though, I tried not to mess around with those.

I guess, when you know what file contains the entire movie, just take that and convert it with something like AVS Video Converter or Free Video Converter.

The above programs are all accessible depending on the version number and clicking on the right option.

Dmitry