From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Josh Kennedy
Sent: Friday, September 1, 2017 11:25 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] quick templates for common tasks

hi

I was sitting here thinking of how templates are used in google docs and microsoft office to quickly make resumes and other such things. And then I was struck by an idea I want to run by you guys.

Why not make add-on templates for NVDA? Here is how they would work. An addon template lets non-programmers edit a file to accomplish a specific task such as renaming reclassing objects in certain applications, hitting tab to go through objects in an unuseable application and so on. Lets say you have an inaccessible object you want to make it useable quickly. you open the object reclass template in notepad its a prepared .py file with extensive comments. Most of the work is done for you. the comments may instruct you, however, to get info from the log and paste it here or paste in this bit of code save your file then rename the .py file to what application you want it to act on. templates could be made for global tasks, app specific tasks and so on. Its like a word template but it would be designed to quickly paste in some python code so the non-programmer could do some basic things like reclassing and renaming objects, doing things when objects appear or disappear and so on. What do you think, good idea or not? oh and then when the person is done making the template, they could package it into an addon to share with the community.

some templates may also instruct you to remove comments from certain lines to do things as well. depends on the template and what task you want to quickly get done.

Josh

--
sent with mozilla thunderbird
--

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Interestingly Supernova had something like this where it asked questions via checkboxes etc and then let you test the file on the target program. It did work but was quite time consuming to do. Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

[...]

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

It sounds great in theory but not possible.

Yes, I want that as a user. I am looking forward results of this study from now.

Thanks, and kongrates You.

[...]

Yes, the ramifications are very complex as some of the info required by the Dolphin version of this, was not easy to come by. It needed executable names and lots of details about the api used by the software if one was used at all.
You could easily get a good way in and then find a road block so to speak. If it were this simple then everything could be automated by AI.