Making Partition Using NVDA

Raghavendra Janivarada

Hi List,

Kindly someone guide me to make partition on C drive using NVDA.

I am using Del laptop with Win10 64 Bits. In this laptop all the space is reserved for C drive. I want to make two partitions to allocate my data.

Thanks In Advance

Raghu

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

Unless you have a program that can resize partitions, you're not going to be able to change your partitions without loosing everything.Paragon has a couple programs that can do this, check out http://paragon-software.com and take a look at their partition manager or their hard disk manager depending on how much you want to do.  Both programs aren't 100 percent accessible, but they're close enough to get the job done.  If you're willing to help out, let me know, and  can give you my affiliate links, but if you just want to purchase the programs, that's ok too.

On 9/2/2017 12:07 PM, Raghavendra Janivarada wrote:

Hi List,

Kindly someone guide me to make partition on C drive using NVDA.

I am using Del laptop with Win10 64 Bits. In this laptop all the space is reserved for C drive. I want to make two partitions to allocate my data.

Thanks In Advance

Raghu

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Raghavendra Janivarada

Hi, I don’t want to go with third party application. Built-in disk management option can fulfil my requirement. My question is that How to do this using NVDA?

[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Yes I'd like to do this so I can make a laptop dual boot into 7 and xp for running older stuff and newer stuff.
I am a bit wary of starting as XP exists already. somebody told me that you can only do it at a low level, ie in a kind of dos based system, which of course will have no speech.
I used to have a program that did all the calculation in windows, asked te right questions, then produced a script that ran under a non windows environment and then rebooted windows. This ran from a floppy, so it was quite small, but Its not really a program that would work after windows 98, ie when ntfs file access tables came in.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Kindly someone guide me to make partition on C drive using NVDA.
I am using Del laptop with Win10 64 Bits. In this laptop all the space is reserved for C drive. I want to make two partitions to allocate my data.
Thanks In Advance
Raghu

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Used to be able to do it on XP but only in a low level program. Partition Magic I think it was called.

[...]

Windows 10

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

If there's a way to resize partitions with built in windows tools, I sure never learned about it.  The only way to make one partition two partitions is to delete the existing partition, and create two of them, which wipes out everything on the drive, and leaves you with two freshly formatted partitions both of which will be completely blank.  This is fine if you don't care about the contents of your hard disk, but if you're trying to simply split a single partition into two partitions, then there aren't any ways to do this with just default windows utilities.

On 9/2/2017 11:41 PM, Raghavendra Janivarada wrote:

[...]

That is clearly not true, as a friend of mine has done this, but he is sighted. He used partition magic and a special bit of code in the primary partition that allowed you to select which OS you booted. As there are only two and it always defaults to the same position, the fact that this does not speak is not an issue for blind use.
I'll need to ask him the trick.
I think it can have issues if there is already a hidden partition for recovery use as is often the case these days. Brian

[...]

Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>
for Windows 10

https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

Partition magic is *not* (I repeat) partition magic is *not* a windows tool.  Therefore, your statements are erroneous. Microsoft does not include partition magic with windows, so that makes it neither free, nor is it part of windows (which is what the original poster was asking for.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Travis Siegel" <tsiegel@softcon.com>

[...]

Its a tool that works in Windows here, as I just ran it on an xp machine. It uses another small O'S to do the work certainly, but the one I have actually makes its script in xp, then reboots to do the work.

Please don't be so adamant about things. It sounds rude. I don't get annoyed easily, but others might of course.

Anyway, have a nice day.
[...]

You're not listening.

The person asked for a tool that was both accessible, and included with windows.  I suggested paragon's disk manager or partition program because I don't know of any programs that fit the original posters requirements, and apparently you don't either, since you keep pushing partition magic which definitely does not come with windows, and is definitely not a free utility, and also is not accessible with NVDA or any other screen reader for that matter, so you fail on all counts.

On 9/5/2017 3:37 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

We were not just saying that it had to come with windows or that it be free, just that it worked and could run its config in windows.
That was all. I'm beginning to wish I'd never mentioned it here now.

This is when I suggested using paragon disk manager, because it was accessible with nvda, or at least good enough to get the job done, to which the original poster said:

Hi, I don’t want to go with third party application. Built-in disk
management option can fulfil my requirement. My question is that How
to do this using NVDA?

Which clearly states the original poster wanted a utility included with windows, which also would indicate that they do not want to pay for a solution.
So, again, I say that since partition magic is neither free, nor included with windows, it fits neither requirement, and your insistence that it both does what the original poster wants for free, and is accessible with NVDA is wrong.  Insisting otherwise doesn't change the fact that your answer does not fit the original requirements.