Sent: Monday, September 04, 2017 9:49 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] one core voices

how do I get 1cor voices what is the key comboNation

On 9/4/17, Lubos Pintes <lubos.pintes@...> wrote:
> This is a known bug and could be fixed in NVDA master.
>

> Dňa 4. 9. 2017 o 0:20 Don H napísal(a):
>>
>> I can increase the rate within ghe NVDA voice setings.  I guess the
>> lag I am talking about is when you are at the desktop and use single
>> letter navagation there is a lag before you get the voicing of the
>> icon you are moving to.  For example at the desktop I hit the letter n
>> and it moves me to the NVDA icon but the David one core voice takes
>> longer to say NVDA versus how long it takes Access32 to say NVDA.
>>

>> On 9/3/2017 5:02 PM, Gene New Zealand wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi don
>>>

>>> At present you can not ajust the speed through the settings in nvda
>>> to speed up the windows one core voices. from what i have read there
>>> is a update from windows which will fix this if i read it correct.
>>>

>>> there is a work around for the moment which works.
>>>

>>> In windows 10 in the search box i typed text to speech and then it
>>> came up with some results.
>>>
>>> it cam up with the following result Change text-to-speech settings,
>>> System settings of which i pressed the enter key on.
>>>

>>> When the next screen came up it defaults to my one core voice i
>>> chose. Tab to the rate and change it there just use the arrow keys to
>>> do this.
>>>

>>> Then close it the screen i mean.
>>>

>>> You will notice now in nvda he will be speaking quicker.
>>>

>>> Gene nz

>>> --
>>> Image NVDA certified expert
>>> Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related
>>> material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where
>>> you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can
>>> use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To
>>> find out which locations (or location) is near to you please visit
>>> http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries
>>> (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert
>>> near you, please visit the following link
>>> https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains
>>> the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the
>>> world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.

Darren Tomblin

after I click on region and language what do I do to add a language pack I can't seem to figure it out. thanks

OneCore voices are only available in Windows 10.  If you have Windows 10 then you can add new voices by:
1. Press the WINDOWS key to open the start menu
2. Start typing "Region and language".
3. When "Region and language settings" come up as a system settings option, press ENTER.
4. On this screen, you can add new languages, and for languages you already have installed, you can add a speech pack (if not already installed) - tab to the first language, arrow through the languages you have installed, press ENTER on one, tab to "Options" and enter on that to go into its options).

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

--
73,
Darren Tomblin(KC9JJJ)

Rosemarie Chavarria

You can't get one-core voices unless you're on windows 10.

Lubos Pintes <lubos.pintes@...>

On 04/09/2017 08:58, Don H wrote:
Having used Window Eyes for some 20 years with decaccess32 as my syn I have been using the access

32 syn with NVDA.  I have tried the One Core  David voice but find it has some lag as compared to the access32 syn.  Of course David sounds more natural and Access32 is more robotic sounding. Is there a way to change how the one core voices perform?

--
Image NVDA certified expert

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Yes I'm one of those who cannot hear and understand any voice if its as fast as some use them. A guy I know has Daniel on his phone going so fast it sounds like some demented chipmunk but he claims to be able to understand it.
Wow.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.