Question Regarding how my name is shown here

Hi,

I write my messages to the group using thunderbird. I noticed that when I write a message, it Comes up as "Noah carver via groups.io". How do I get it to just display my name?

Thanks,

Noah

Marshall handheld Flax

I believe you can't, and that's probably a good thing.  This way recipients can tell the difference between emails sent directly by you and emails resent by groups.io.  In the latter case, the recipients must trust that groups.io is faithfully relaying your emails.  In this case, we probably trust groups.io, but you might not trust other relayers, so it's good to know who is doing the relaying.

On Sun, Sep 3, 2017 at 5:49 PM, Noah Carver via Groups.Io <carvernoah309@...> wrote:
Hi,

I write my messages to the group using thunderbird. I noticed that when I write a message, it Comes up as "Noah carver via groups.io". How do I get it to just display my name?

Thanks,

Noah

Antony Stone

So, how is your name shown as "Marshall handheld Flax" then?

I subscribe to the list by email (ie: not the web interface) and my name is
shown as "Antony Stone".

No mention of "via Groups.io" in either of our names...

Antony.

--
Please apologise my errors, since I have a very small device.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

you can get help from gene or other moderators.
i went to the website and changed my name to my real name.
God bless you!

On 9/4/17, Antony Stone <antony.stone@nvda.open.source.it> wrote:
[...]

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I have the same problem, but not always. its weird.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

I write my messages to the group using thunderbird. I noticed that when I write a message, it Comes up as "Noah carver via groups.io". How do I get it to just display my name?

Thanks,

Noah

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

But yours do not have this and mine do but they are both via groups.io
Thing is its not always the case. Brian

carvernoah309=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi,

I write my messages to the group using thunderbird. I noticed that when I
write a message, it Comes up as "Noah carver via groups.io". How do I get
it to just display my name?

Thanks,

Noah

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Yes but why does it sometimes append the other part?