Second advisory for Joseph's add-ons: Support for Windows XP and Vista to be phased out from StationPlaylist Studio add-on

Hi SPL add-on users,

This is to notify you that I’ll be phasing out support for Windows XP and Vista in the next few months, to be completed no later than mid-2019. As I was planning to release a new LTS series in 2018, I decided to make it the last LTS series to support these old Windows releases and Studio versions earlier than 5.11. Because there are folks who are broadcasting with Studio who happens to use old Windows releases, it’ll be a gradual transition, beginning with development snapshot users, followed by stable build users and ending with LTS users.

Advisory reasons:

  • Announcement from NV Access that NVDA 2017.4 will drop support for Windows releases earlier than Windows 7 SP1.
  • Expected Python 3 transition as early as next year.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph