NVDA constantly repeating icons on the desktop

Jessica D <jldail13@...>

Hi,

I’m having an interesting issue with NVDA 2017.3.

When on my desktop, if I don’t move, NVDA constantly repeats the name of the icon that currently has focus.

Is this normal?

Can anyone tell me how to fix it?

Thanks,

Jessica

Sarah k Alawami

I'm also having that issue although it's not that bad. I think i my case though something's changing or installing or what not. I'm in the insider build so who  knows

On Sep 5, 2017, at 8:04 AM, Jessica D <jldail13@...> wrote:

Hi,
I’m having an interesting issue with NVDA 2017.3.
When on my desktop, if I don’t move, NVDA constantly repeats the name of the icon that currently has focus.
Is this normal?

Can anyone tell me how to fix it?

Thanks,
Jessica

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

No that is not normal unless the image is constantly being redrawn.
That seems an unlikely event.
I had something like this once in XP with aa clever special icon that had a timer inside it but apart from that not seen it.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

I'm having an interesting issue with NVDA 2017.3.

When on my desktop, if I don't move, NVDA constantly repeats the name of the
icon that currently has focus.

Is this normal?

Can anyone tell me how to fix it?

Thanks,

Jessica

Don H

I get this repeating after returning from sleep mode where NVDA keeps repeating the name associated with the icon that happens to have focus.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jessica D" <jldail13@gmail.com>
I'm having an interesting issue with NVDA 2017.3.

When on my desktop, if I don't move, NVDA constantly repeats the name of the
icon that currently has focus.

Is this normal?

Can anyone tell me how to fix it?

Thanks,

Jessica

Jessica D <jldail13@...>

Hi
Is it a bug? How can it be fixed? It’s really annoying.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 5, 2017, at 1:20 PM, Don H <lmddh50@adams.net> wrote:

[...]

No if these are normal icons then it should not be doing it. Has the machine got a mouse attached or one of those pesky touch pads or a little joystick in the keyboard as seen on some laptops. I've had those suddenly do silly things and move the mouse about for no good reason.
if it worked ok before the update there has been no changes that should make any difference to the desktop that I can think of.
What happens if you tab to other parts of the screen like the start button does it drag focus away to the desktop again?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

I'm having an interesting issue with NVDA 2017.3.

When on my desktop, if I don't move, NVDA constantly repeats the name of the
icon that currently has focus.

Is this normal?

Can anyone tell me how to fix it?

Thanks,

Jessica

Sarah k Alawami

I disabled my touch pad and it still does it every on ce in a while. Ic annot reproduce all the time though. It is an odd one. Sorry about typing. I just got done practicing for a tournament and my hands hurt.

Take care all.

On Sep 5, 2017, at 12:02 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists@...> wrote:

No if these are normal icons then it should not be doing it. Has the machine got a mouse attached or one of those pesky touch pads or a little joystick in the keyboard as seen on some laptops. I've had those suddenly do silly things and move the mouse about for no good reason.
if it worked ok before the update there has been no changes that should make any difference to the desktop that I can think of.
What happens if you tab to other parts of the screen like the start button does it drag focus away to the desktop again?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jessica D" <jldail13@...>

I'm having an interesting issue with NVDA 2017.3.

When on my desktop, if I don't move, NVDA constantly repeats the name of the
icon that currently has focus.

Is this normal?

Can anyone tell me how to fix it?

Thanks,

Jessica

Lenron

I have had this same issue. It is quite annoying.

[...]

briang1@blueyonder.co.uk <mailto:briang1@blueyonder.co.uk>, putting 'Brian
Gaff'
in the display name field.

--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Is it a laptop them I assume so. Do you have any bluetooth devices attached that are control devices?
Apart from that I'm stuck.

If there is no animation on the destop or in any icons all should be OK.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jessica D" <jldail13@gmail.com <mailto:jldail13@gmail.com>>

I'm having an interesting issue with NVDA 2017.3.

When on my desktop, if I don't move, NVDA constantly repeats the name of the
icon that currently has focus.

Is this normal?

Can anyone tell me how to fix it?

Thanks,

Jessica

Chris

Probably because the screen is being refreshed that can cause it to do this

Hit F5  On the desktop to simulate this

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Yes but the eternal question is how. I could understand it if this person had an animated wallpaper or some animated icon, but otherwise its a bit of mystery.
I well remember a spoof virus you could 'infect windows users with that had a sheep called Dolly wandering about the desktop eating icons. Of course it was not really doing any harm as such, as it was just a wscreensaver that took a snap of the current desktop put up that screen and had Dolly munch the icons on the picture.
Bit wasted on the blind though.