one core voice install

Darren Tomblin

hi, on my win10 system i'm trying to install additional one core voice
and I can't figure out how to do it. I go into region and languages and
I don't see where to add the other english voices. can someone help me
with this. thanks

--
73,
Darren Tomblin(KC9JJJ)

mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo

can I hear a demo of voices NVDA?

On 9/5/17, Darren Tomblin <dtomblin@hotmail.com> wrote:
hi, on my win10 system i'm trying to install additional one core voice
and I can't figure out how to do it. I go into region and languages and
I don't see where to add the other english voices. can someone help me
with this. thanks

--
73,
Darren Tomblin(KC9JJJ)

Quentin Christensen

Go into region and language, install a language, then choose English, and from there choose whichever variant you want (Australian, Canadian, Irish etc).

Then make sure you go into that language and install the speech pack.

On 9/5/17, Darren Tomblin <dtomblin@...> wrote:
> hi, on my win10 system i'm trying to install additional one core voice
> and I can't figure out how to do it. I go into region and languages and
> I don't see where to add the other english voices. can someone help me
> with this. thanks
>
> --
> 73,
> Darren Tomblin(KC9JJJ)

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

Did you get your one core voices installed?

If you are interested i did write up a tutorial on installing these voices on my website i am putting together. The page can be found at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20windows%2010.html

When you get to it jump down by headings to the section about instaling the one core voices. You will have to use object navigation to get to the button to download the synth pack for it. the directions are step by step but the object navigation commands are only for the desktop not a lap top as that is what i use.

There is a link in the user manual if i remember right that tells you which voices have the synth pack which i will add later on today or tomorrow to the tutorial.

hope it helps.

I thought i had a audio tutorial but can not seem to find it and it is not in my drop box either.

hope it helps.

Gene nz

On 06/09/2017 10:55, Darren Tomblin wrote:
hi, on my win10 system i'm trying to install additional one core voice
and I can't figure out how to do it. I go into region and languages and
I don't see where to add the other english voices. can someone help me
with this. thanks

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

I just done a quick audio tutorial on the steps of what to do. Later on it will be linked to a drop box account and linked to the page i sent you later on today.

the link to the drop box where it is can be found at https://www.dropbox.com/s/9rbngk479wnb7lg/adding%20a%20windows%20one%20core%20voice%20to%20nvda.MP3?dl=0

hope it helps some on the list to get them with the audio version.

Gene nz

On 06/09/2017 10:55, Darren Tomblin wrote:
hi, on my win10 system i'm trying to install additional one core voice
and I can't figure out how to do it. I go into region and languages and
I don't see where to add the other english voices. can someone help me
with this. thanks

Don H

OK under English you have tree voices to choose from David mobile, Zira mobile and Mark mobile.  Is there a way to increase the choices beyond these three?

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi Don

This link from the user manual i will add later on to my nvda tutorials for windows 10 page but even though it mentions narrator  the same voices can be used with nvda.

It will give you a better idea of which ones can be installed.

The link to this page is https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/22797/windows-10-narrator-tts-voices

There was also a audio tutorial that i just drop boxed if you want to listen to it which will be added to the page on my website.

hope it helps

Gene nz

On 07/09/2017 10:56, Don H wrote:
OK under English you have tree voices to choose from David mobile, Zira mobile and Mark mobile.  Is there a way to increase the choices beyond these three?

Darren Tomblin

I tried to install the english uk language pack but when I go into the voice dialog nothing has been added after they were downloaded.

On 07/09/2017 10:56, Don H wrote:
OK under English you have tree voices to choose from David mobile, Zira mobile and Mark mobile.  Is there a way to increase the choices beyond these three?

73,
Darren Tomblin(KC9JJJ)

Ashley Wayne

Hello,

I apologize if this has already been stated, as I have not followed every reply, but I found that once I had downloaded the other language packs (English-uk etc) I had to restart NVDA in order to see the new voice choices.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

On 07/09/2017 10:56, Don H wrote:

OK under English you have tree voices to choose from David mobile, Zira mobile and Mark mobile.  Is there a way to increase the choices beyond these three?

73,
Darren Tomblin(KC9JJJ)

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

You might already have it installed? I think it was the second link that tells you which one core voices go with that language. The other thing also did you restart nvda so it could see those new one core voices?

Gene nz

On 07/09/2017 10:56, Don H wrote:
OK under English you have tree voices to choose from David mobile, Zira mobile and Mark mobile.  Is there a way to increase the choices beyond these three?

73,
Darren Tomblin(KC9JJJ)

Darren Tomblin

yes I restarted it I even rebooted the system and I still don't see them.

Hi

I just done a quick audio tutorial on the steps of what to do. Later on it will be linked to a drop box account and linked to the page i sent you later on today.

the link to the drop box where it is can be found at https://www.dropbox.com/s/9rbngk479wnb7lg/adding%20a%20windows%20one%20core%20voice%20to%20nvda.MP3?dl=0

hope it helps some on the list to get them with the audio version.

Gene nz

On 06/09/2017 10:55, Darren Tomblin wrote:
hi, on my win10 system i'm trying to install additional one core voice
and I can't figure out how to do it. I go into region and languages and
I don't see where to add the other english voices. can someone help me
with this. thanks

73,
Darren Tomblin(KC9JJJ)

Chris

You have to install the additional text to speech components after you have installed the language

If you go to your installed language packs and select the one to add the text to speech components and click modify I think it is you shall see a list of additional components to install  and text to speech should be there to install from there

Lino Morales

Just now seeing this. Is it up and ready for download yet?

Hi

I just done a quick audio tutorial on the steps of what to do. Later on it will be linked to a drop box account and linked to the page i sent you later on today.

the link to the drop box where it is can be found at https://www.dropbox.com/s/9rbngk479wnb7lg/adding%20a%20windows%20one%20core%20voice%20to%20nvda.MP3?dl=0

hope it helps some on the list to get them with the audio version.

Gene nz

On 06/09/2017 10:55, Darren Tomblin wrote:
hi, on my win10 system i'm trying to install additional one core voice
and I can't figure out how to do it. I go into region and languages and
I don't see where to add the other english voices. can someone help me
with this. thanks

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

yes it is on the nvda tutorials for windows 10 page.

Look for the section to do with one core voices.

Just under the written tutorial has been added which one core voices can be used which is linked to the microsoft site. Even though it mentions narrator they work with nvda. But it does make it alot easier to see which ones you  can get if you can.

Just under that is the audio tutorial i got the aussie voice in the audio tutorial and shows the steps..

I will put up some more stuff and let the list know later on today or tomorrow.

Gene nz

On 08/09/2017 03:31, Lino Morales wrote:

Just now seeing this. Is it up and ready for download yet?

Hi

I just done a quick audio tutorial on the steps of what to do. Later on it will be linked to a drop box account and linked to the page i sent you later on today.

the link to the drop box where it is can be found at https://www.dropbox.com/s/9rbngk479wnb7lg/adding%20a%20windows%20one%20core%20voice%20to%20nvda.MP3?dl=0

hope it helps some on the list to get them with the audio version.

Gene nz

On 06/09/2017 10:55, Darren Tomblin wrote:
hi, on my win10 system i'm trying to install additional one core voice
and I can't figure out how to do it. I go into region and languages and
I don't see where to add the other english voices. can someone help me
with this. thanks

mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo

I don't have windos7 but I will get it on janurary 2020 I will get it
until windos 10 runn out Janurary2020

On 9/7/17, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@outlook.co.nz> wrote:
[...]

[Image NVDA certified expert]
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material
at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where you are in New
Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA
screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which locations (or
location) is near to you please visit
http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa
People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please
visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The
certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals
from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert
exam.