From: Don H
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2017 10:57 AM
Subject: [nvda] nvda and web surfing

Running NVDA 2017-3 on a win 10 64 bit machine and mostly use Google
Chrome as my browser.

Many times on a variety of web pages soon after the web page has loaded
NVDA will say alert.  Don't know what this means nor how to deal with it
if any thing needs to be dealt with.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I seem to remember yesterday while looking through the issues in the git hub mail list that alerts with no text in Chrome were mentioned.
I'd imagine though that unless it actually locks you out then its OK to carry on. Normally if it really was a danger it would stop you from doing anything until you responded.
It can be stuff like page certificate missmatch, part of the page is https and part of it not, often on pages with adverts inserted from an insecure address or something. There are a lot of possibilities. I have not used Chrome since I found it very hard to get used to, not because its bad.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-