nvda and citrix environments?

Josh Kennedy

hello

does nvda support citrix environments and software for workplaces and businesses yet? Also any plans to add network installs for NVDA for businesses?

thanks

Josh

--
sent with mozilla thunderbird

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Wrong place to ask I'd imagine

I've certainly not heard of any of this thus far, and with the departure of Jamie I'd wait a bit to see how the programming team ends up.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

does nvda support citrix environments and software for workplaces and
businesses yet? Also any plans to add network installs for NVDA for
businesses?

thanks

Josh

--
sent with mozilla thunderbird

Adriani Botez

I have created some issues regarding to this on gidhub some months ago. It seens like there is not enough concentration on this topic although it would improve thousants of work places worldwide. I wonder if there were any discussions with citrix itself on this topic at all. But we hope this topic gain more attention iin the future.

Best
Adriani

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 08.09.2017 um 15:35 schrieb Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...>:

hello

does nvda support citrix environments and software for workplaces and businesses yet? Also any plans to add network installs for NVDA for businesses?

thanks

Josh

--
sent with mozilla thunderbird

Rui Fontes

Wrong place why?

Rui Fontes

does nvda support citrix environments and software for workplaces and
businesses yet? Also any plans to add network installs for NVDA for
businesses?

thanks

Josh

--
sent with mozilla thunderbird

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I was merely suggesting that it really does need more people to make issues about this, if anyone wants some action.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

does nvda support citrix environments and software for workplaces and
businesses yet? Also any plans to add network installs for NVDA for
businesses?

thanks

Josh

--
sent with mozilla thunderbird

Quentin Christensen

To be honest, if someone had asked me the question directly, I would have deferred to the brain's trust here myself, so I hope this is the right place for such questions :)

But yes, the other place definitely is GitHub.  As you know, with help from some of the very knowledgeable people here, triaging of new issues is starting to get done a bit quicker and hopefully that will allow us to investigate / respond to / fix things sooner.

Back to Citrix, and I must admit I don't have any great personal knowledge on the matter myself.  Definitely, as someone indicated, it is always worth bringing this to the attention of the other organisation - as quite often a little bit of work from both sides makes fixing things so much easier for everyone.

Re network installs, I'm sure I had a conversation awhile back with someone who mentioned they setup NVDA to automatically install on a lab full of machines - I don't know exactly how they did it now.  If you are doing a network or automatic install, you might be interested in the command line options for setting up in a batch file particularly: https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/documentation/userGuide.html#CommandLineOptions

Regards

Quentin.

On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 6:32 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists@...> wrote:
I was merely suggesting that it really does need more people to make issues about this, if anyone wants some action.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rui Fontes" <rui.fontes@...>

----- Original Message ----- From: "Josh Kennedy" <joshknnd1982@...>
does nvda support citrix environments and software for workplaces and
businesses yet? Also any plans to add network installs for NVDA for
businesses?

thanks

Josh

--
sent with mozilla thunderbird

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I can remember some talk about these things being called thin clients, which I thought was a very odd term, but I'm assuming these systems are a bit like operating a terminal with the software running elsewhere. I recall Dolphin supporting this but it needed a special group of files on both the client and the server.
Not much likelihood of a home user encountering this I suspect.

rui.fontes@tiflotecnia.com>

----- Original Message ----- From: "Josh Kennedy" <joshknnd1982@gmail.com

http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

www.nvaccess.org