From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chris
Wright via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2017 5:18 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Using Narrator BRLTTY with NVDA

Hi all,

I wonder if there is a way to use the Narrator BRLTTY driver with NVDA? The
reason I ask is because Narrator is able to use a lot of braille displays by
default. This would eliminate the need to download individual drivers. I
realize this would only work on Windows 10, but it would still be cool to
implement as an option. What are yourthoughts? Is this possible?

Ben J. Bloomgren

Hi all,

I'm resurrecting a very old topic, which I found upon googling.

Whenever I start Narrator, my Alva Satellite 84 reports BRLTTY 5.6. When I look in the documentation for NVDA 2020.3, it says that it's using BRLTTY 6.1. Even when I use the BRLTTY options within the Braille dialog, this display doesn't spring to life. Is there any further movement on this subject? Mind you, the thread is from back in 2017.

Thanks,

Ben