Topics

Important notice on Joseph Lee's add-ons: NVDACon 2019 announcements, NVDA 2019.3 compatibility and add-on updates

Dear NVDA community,

First, thank you to everyone who came to NVDACon 2019. A special thank you to everyone who showed up to an informal add-on users meeting for my add-ons.

As part of the user meeting, a number of important announcements were made, including:

  • NVDA 2019.3 compatibility: almost all of my add-ons are compatible – the lone exception is Screen Curtain, as the functionality is now part of NVDA 2019.3. This add-on will be no more the day NVDA 2019.3 stable version is released to the public.
  • Add-on update releases: in the next few weeks, various add-ons will be updated to require NVDA 2019.3. This will be done in waves: starting with development snapshots for StationPlaylist and Windows 10 App Essentials on November 19, followed by more add-ons once NVDA 2019.3 stable version is released, ending with Add-on Updater in February 2020.
  • No going back after installing Python 3 strict add-ons: after installing any add-on that requires NVDA 2019.3 (from my collection), there is no going back. In particular, StationPlaylist add-on uses parts of Python 3 that isn’t backwards compatible, so going back to an earlier version will not be possible (nor recommended).
  • Several add-ons are leaving my nest: by February 1, 2020, I’ll be handing over the following add-ons to the community for further maintenance: Easy Table Navigator, Golden Cursor, ObjPad, SystrayList. For Golden Cursor and SystrayList, version 4.0 is on its way, requiring NVDA 2019.3.
  • Windows 10 App Essentials and October 2018 Update: the last Windows 10 App Essentials release to support Windows 10 October 2018 Update (Version 1809) will be 20.01.x.

Special notice for StationPlaylist and Windows 10 App Essentials snapshot users: if you are using NVDA 2019.2.1 or earlier, you would have received a notice about requiring NVDA 2019.3 from November 20, 2019 onwards. This will indeed happen – a snapshot destined for November 19th will require NVDA 2019.3 in any form, which will be enforced on November 20, 2019.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Joseph

hi.
i use the alfa branch of nvda.
how to use the screen curtain function

On 11/18/19, Joseph Lee <@joslee> wrote:
[...]

@austin
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3

Hi,
You have to assign a custom command to enable screen curtain.
Cheers,
Joseph

[...]

Giles Turnbull

Hi Joseph,

I use the screen curtain addon and defined ALT+Shift+s to trigger it. Will that shorcut still function when screen curtain is incorporated into NVDA 2019.3 or will I need to redefine it?

Thanks :)

Giles

i have uninstalled the addon as you said.
how do i enable the feature that is in nvda core.

On 11/18/19, Giles Turnbull <giles.turnbull@...> wrote:
Hi Joseph,

I use the screen curtain addon and defined ALT+Shift+s to trigger it. Will
that shorcut still function when screen curtain is incorporated into NVDA
2019.3 or will I need to redefine it?

Thanks :)

Giles

@austin