Does Anyone Else Have This Bug in Firefox Using NVDA?

Hello,

Does anyone else have this problem:

Start the latest stable NVDA, open the latest Firefox, restart NVDA, try to arrow through the Firefox page. The arrow keys don’t work, just the tab key.

Thank you,

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Does the same thing happen in other browsers and in browse mode in pdf reader. if things are a bit shot then you win the prize of the monty for uninstalling a program that de registered loads of dll files that windows uses for accessability.

I think if this is yet another one of these people folk, we need to have this fix signposted widely all the time as it seems its becoming a common issue with Windows even brand new computers seem to have it.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Start the latest stable NVDA, open the latest Firefox, restart NVDA, try to
arrow through the Firefox page. The arrow keys don’t work, just the tab key.

Thank you,

Brandon Keith Biggs <http://brandonkeithbiggs.com/>

Gene

That isn't a new problem.  It has been in existence for quite some time.  I don't know how far bac it goes.  Browse mode doesn't work properly, if at all.  Tab works whether you are in browse mode or not.  Restart Firefox to solve the problem.

Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 10:50 AM

Hello,

Does anyone else have this problem:

Start the latest stable NVDA, open the latest Firefox, restart NVDA, try to arrow through the Firefox page. The arrow keys don’t work, just the tab key.

Thank you,

Gene

This has nothing to do with unregistered dll files.  It is the problem that has been mentioned by Joseph Lee recently and the problem is that if you unload and then run NVDA while firefox, or I believe any other program that uses browse mode is opened, browse mode won't work.  You must close and rerun the program such as a browser, to have it function properly again.  this bug is known to the developers.

Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 11:38 AM

briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
Start the latest stable NVDA, open the latest Firefox, restart NVDA, try to
arrow through the Firefox page. The arrow keys don’t work, just the tab key.

Thank you,

Brandon Keith Biggs <http://brandonkeithbiggs.com/>

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I think if that does not work then its the problem I suggested. I've never seen this issue myself though fixing it is the reason why xp support was suddenly dropped as the only fix meant you could not easily keep supporting the older systems.

Might be interesting to know whether the Master branch still exhibits this, though I'm not sure if the fix has got there as yet. I'm experiencing some serious issues with installing updates to nvda recently with locking up on restart and lots of strange errors duing copying files on portable versions as well.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

That isn't a new problem. It has been in existence for quite some time. I don't know how far bac it goes. Browse mode doesn't work properly, if at all. Tab works whether you are in browse mode or not. Restart Firefox to solve the problem.

Start the latest stable NVDA, open the latest Firefox, restart NVDA, try to arrow through the Firefox page. The arrow keys don’t work, just the tab key.

Thank you,

Brandon Keith Biggs

Ron Canazzi

Hi Gene,

I have never had this problem. I just tried it with Firefox55 (I don't yet have 56.)  and it is not there.  I never remember having the issue using Windows 8.1 and the latest NVDA.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Sarah k Alawami

No issues here. And I'm using the latest firefox hat came out I think about 2 days ago to the public.

On 9/12/2017 1:30 PM, Gene wrote:
This has nothing to do with unregistered dll files.  It is the problem that has been mentioned by Joseph Lee recently and the problem is that if you unload and then run NVDA while firefox, or I believe any other program that uses browse mode is opened, browse mode won't work.  You must close and rerun the program such as a browser, to have it function properly again.  this bug is known to the developers.

Start the latest stable NVDA, open the latest Firefox, restart NVDA, try to
arrow through the Firefox page. The arrow keys don’t work, just the tab key.

Thank you,

Brandon Keith Biggs <http://brandonkeithbiggs.com/>

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Scott VanDeWalle

Hi all.

Has anybody here thought about downloading firefox nightly?

I am pretty sure they are changing the whole ui interface so if you don’t have firefox nightly 57, you may wish to give it a try.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Scott

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

On 9/12/2017 1:30 PM, Gene wrote:

This has nothing to do with unregistered dll files.  It is the problem that has been mentioned by Joseph Lee recently and the problem is that if you unload and then run NVDA while firefox, or I believe any other program that uses browse mode is opened, browse mode won't work.  You must close and rerun the program such as a browser, to have it function properly again.  this bug is known to the developers.

Start the latest stable NVDA, open the latest Firefox, restart NVDA, try to
arrow through the Firefox page. The arrow keys don’t work, just the tab key.

Thank you,

Brandon Keith Biggs <http://brandonkeithbiggs.com/>

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Scott,

I'll give firefox nightly a try and see how it works.

Rosemarie

On 9/12/2017 1:30 PM, Gene wrote:

This has nothing to do with unregistered dll files.  It is the problem that has been mentioned by Joseph Lee recently and the problem is that if you unload and then run NVDA while firefox, or I believe any other program that uses browse mode is opened, browse mode won't work.  You must close and rerun the program such as a browser, to have it function properly again.  this bug is known to the developers.

Start the latest stable NVDA, open the latest Firefox, restart NVDA, try to
arrow through the Firefox page. The arrow keys don’t work, just the tab key.

Thank you,

Brandon Keith Biggs <http://brandonkeithbiggs.com/>

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Arlene

Hi, What is Fire Fox Nightly?

On 9/12/2017 1:30 PM, Gene wrote:

This has nothing to do with unregistered dll files.  It is the problem that has been mentioned by Joseph Lee recently and the problem is that if you unload and then run NVDA while firefox, or I believe any other program that uses browse mode is opened, browse mode won't work.  You must close and rerun the program such as a browser, to have it function properly again.  this bug is known to the developers.

Start the latest stable NVDA, open the latest Firefox, restart NVDA, try to
arrow through the Firefox page. The arrow keys don’t work, just the tab key.

Thank you,

Brandon Keith Biggs <http://brandonkeithbiggs.com/>

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Arlene

Hi, I ca’nt confirm your bug. I’m using windows 7 the latest version of NVDA. I can read my home page using down arrow.  I pretended to do online banking and no bug. Is this with windows ten?

Start the latest stable NVDA, open the latest Firefox, restart NVDA, try to arrow through the Firefox page. The arrow keys don’t work, just the tab key.

Thank you,

Gene

Did you first end and then run NVDA again with the browser opened?

Hi, I ca’nt confirm your bug. I’m using windows 7 the latest version of NVDA. I can read my home page using down arrow.  I pretended to do online banking and no bug. Is this with windows ten?

Start the latest stable NVDA, open the latest Firefox, restart NVDA, try to arrow through the Firefox page. The arrow keys don’t work, just the tab key.

Thank you,

Arlene

Yes, I did.

Did you first end and then run NVDA again with the browser opened?

Hi, I ca’nt confirm your bug. I’m using windows 7 the latest version of NVDA. I can read my home page using down arrow.  I pretended to do online banking and no bug. Is this with windows ten?

Start the latest stable NVDA, open the latest Firefox, restart NVDA, try to arrow through the Firefox page. The arrow keys don’t work, just the tab key.

Thank you,

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Of course these things often happen with beta versions.
brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

That isn't a new problem. It has been in existence for quite some time. I don't know how far bac it goes. Browse mode doesn't work properly, if at all. Tab works whether you are in browse mode or not. Restart Firefox to solve the problem.

Start the latest stable NVDA, open the latest Firefox, restart NVDA, try to arrow through the Firefox page. The arrow keys don’t work, just the tab key.

Thank you,

Brandon Keith Biggs

Tony Ballou

Hi,

I don't have that one however, I do have something similar.  In firefox, and a bunch of other apps on my machine, nvda doesn't read the menu bars, tab controls, or certain textual areas of windows.  Really odd, it happened after installing the most recent set of updates for windows 10 version 1607.  Called the Microsoft disability answer desk and its got them scratching their heads as well

Tony

On 9/12/2017 11:50 AM, Brandon Keith Biggs wrote:

Hello,

Does anyone else have this problem:

Start the latest stable NVDA, open the latest Firefox, restart NVDA, try to arrow through the Firefox page. The arrow keys don’t work, just the tab key.

Thank you,

hi.
yes. firefox 57 recieves many changes.
firefox nightly means development version that the programmers use
most for resolving any issues before release of stable version.

firefox engin is changed from gecko to photon in firefox 57.

hope that help, God bless you all.

On 9/16/17, Tony Ballou <cyberpro224@outlook.com> wrote:
Hi,

I don't have that one however, I do have something similar. In firefox, and
a bunch of other apps on my machine, nvda doesn't read the menu bars, tab
controls, or certain textual areas of windows. Really odd, it happened
after installing the most recent set of updates for windows 10 version 1607.
Called the Microsoft disability answer desk and its got them scratching
their heads as well

Tony

On 9/12/2017 11:50 AM, Brandon Keith Biggs wrote:
Hello,
Does anyone else have this problem:
Start the latest stable NVDA, open the latest Firefox, restart NVDA, try to
arrow through the Firefox page. The arrow keys don’t work, just the tab
key.
Thank you,

Brandon Keith Biggs<http://brandonkeithbiggs.com/>

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif]<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon>
Virus-free.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Nika Tsiklauri

I am sometimes experiencing this issue too. I switch to Google Chrome, and actually it's less frequently to happen there. also, NVDA crashes when the browser stops responding. no speech is made, and I have to actually hard restart my PC.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 16, 2017, at 09:33, zahra <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

did you test with previous versions of nvda like nvda 2017.1?

i realy love this version and have no important issue with it.

On 9/16/17, Nika Tsiklauri <ntsiklauri2@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

You say its in other applications. Is this mainly the context menus? That is often a pointer to some dll not registered if it happens all the time. Also sometimes even the nvda menu itself fails to read.

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif]<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon> Virus-free. www.avast.com<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=link>